Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheese Ball made with just five ingredients is the perfect holiday dessert or appetizer made in just minutes!
Just like my recipe for the Ultimate Cheese Ball, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheese Ball is the perfect dessert appetizer for a group of people. It is the season to be brushing up on all your Dessert Recipes for the holidays!
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHEESE BALL
Do you need a Cheese Ball to serve at your next holiday party, but want something with a sweeter kick than your standard appetizer? It’s a no-bake treat that’s great not only for your next holiday party, but for birthdays, potlucks, and Super Bowl parties too!
A Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheese Ball has all of the rich, thickness of a cookie dough cheeseball, and is even better than a classic 3 ingredient Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Ball without adding any additional effort.
When you’re ready to make your cheeseball there is only a few things to remember. First is to use softened cream cheese to make it easier to mix and to prevent lumps. If you microwave your peanut butter for 30 seconds before adding it to your mixture you’ll make the process even easier too.
When it comes to rolling the cheeseball in your chocolate and peanut butter chips, I highly suggest letting the cheeseball firm up in the refrigerator for a couple of hours first. This will help prevent the chocolate chips and the peanut butter chips from sinking in too far and disappearing.
MORE PEANUT BUTTER HOLIDAY DESSERTS:
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHEESE BALL
- In a stand mixer combine the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and peanut butter.
- Put the mixture onto a large piece of plastic wrap and wrap into a ball.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Unwrap and roll in a mixture of chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
- Serve with cookies, crackers and pretzels.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHEESE BALL
- Add ins: You can customize your Cheese Ball to be even sweeter. Try mixing in oreo pieces, mini chocolate chips, pretzels, crushed brownie, apple slices, or even teddy grahams to make the dip adorable
- Serve with: You don’t just have to dunk graham crackers in this tasty cheese ball. Try dipping vanilla wafers, sugar cookies, Oreos, or even pretzels into it. You can also use this recipe to stir chunks of this cheeseball into Homemade Ice Cream. Don’t worry if you don’t have an ice cream mixer, you don’t need one for my recipe.
- Peanut butter: Depending on what texture you’re going for, you can use either crunchy peanut butter or creamy peanut butter. The advantage of using crunchy peanut butter is that you get the richness as well as the delicious crunch of the whole nuts.
- Reese’s: Instead of peanut butter chips you can uses Reese’s bits or chopped up Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in it’s place.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHEESE BALL FAQS
- To get the perfect ball shape for your dessert dip, spoon it out onto a large piece of plastic wrap and gently shape it into a cylinder. Pull the plastic wrap around it until it covers everything, and then roll the cheese mixture around on a flat surface until it becomes a sphere.
- Don’t rush chilling the cheeseball. You want this to stay firm while it is out during the party. If you don’t chill it long enough it will look like a deflated balloon and be too soft.
- Don’t use natural peanut butter in this recipe as it has a tendency to separate oil easily.
- You can freeze the cheeseball before you need it, just be sure to defrost overnight in your refrigerator.
MORE CREAM CHEESE DESSERTS:
HOW LONG IS A CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHEESE BALL GOOD?
- Serve: Don’t leave your Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheese Ball at room temperature for longer than about 2 hours.
- Store: You can keep your Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheese Ball in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: As long as you keep your Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheese Ball in an airtight container that keeps moisture out, it will stay good for up to 6 months in the freezer.
- 12 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- To your stand mixer add the cream cheese, powdered sugar and peanut butter.
- On medium speed, beat until fully combined.
- Stir in 1 cup peanut butter chips.
- Add the mixture to a large piece of plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove from the plastic wrap and roll in a mixture of the peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
- Serve with cookies, crackers or pretzels.