Chocolate Vanilla Fruit and Nut Fudge is an easy two layer no-bake candy recipe perfect for the holidays with cranberries, walnuts, raisins, and pecans.
Just like our recipe for See’s Vanilla Walnut Fudge, this rich Candy Recipe makes soft fudge with crunchy add-ins. Plus, fruit and nut fudge has a combination of semi-sweet and white chocolate throughout to add even more flavor and variation.
CHOCOLATE VANILLA FRUIT AND NUT FUDGE
This homemade fudge is absolutely perfect for Christmas. The cranberries, walnuts, raisins, and pecans make a delicious and crunchy mix of holiday favorites. All the flavorful add-ins are surrounded by sweet and tender fudge that’s unbelievably easy to make.
A layer of chocolate with raisins and pecans is topped with white chocolate that has cranberries and walnuts mixed in. The two-layered fudge makes for a beautiful presentation when you slice the fudge. The cranberries also contrast beautifully with the white chocolate and make the fudge look extra festive and perfect for a holiday party.
Chocolate Vanilla Fruit and Nut Fudge might be the easiest Dessert Recipe you make this holiday season. There’s no oven time, no need for a candy thermometer or other equipment, and you don’t even have to heat the fudge on a stove top. The chewy chocolate fudge is just made with chocolate chips and condensed milk in the microwave.
HOW TO MAKE FUDGE IN THE MICROWAVE
- Before making the fudge, prepare the pan with aluminum foil and non-stick spray. This way the fudge won’t stick to the pan.
- Divide the condensed milk into two microwave-safe bowls. Add semi-sweet chocolate chips to one and white chocolate chips to the other.
- Microwave the bowls for 30 seconds at a time. Stir between and continue until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to each bowl and stir it in.
- Mix cranberries and walnuts into the white chocolate bowls, then add the raisins and pecans to the semi-sweet.
- Once you’ve stirred both well, pour the semi-sweet fudge into the prepared pan.
- Pour the white chocolate over the top and refrigerate for the full 4 hours before enjoying Chocolate Vanilla Fruit and Nut Fudge.
FUDGE AS A GIFT
Whether you need a present for a friend, neighbor, teacher, or significant other this fudge is perfect. It’s an edible treat that’s equal parts easy and delicious.
- Use a cookie tin or festive box to package your Chocolate Vanilla Fruit and Nut Fudge in.
- Put down a layer of parchment paper or tissue paper cut to size at the bottom.
- Place the fudge, then add more paper before placing the next layer.
It’s the ultimate shareable holiday dessert that everyone will love!
MORE HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS FUDGE
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE VANILLA FRUIT AND NUT FUDGE
- Chocolate: You could replace the chocolate in the bottom layer with milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips instead of semisweet. Another option is switching out the white chocolate, but that will take the contrast out of the fudge recipe.
- Nuts: You could use peanut or almonds in place of either of the nuts in your nut fudge, or even make Candied Cinnamon Pecans to add more sweetness to the pecans.
- Flavorings: Try replacing the vanilla extract with mint extract, peppermint extract, caramel extract, or some maple syrup to change up the flavor undertones in your fudge.
- Fruit: For the fruit mix-ins try using dried cranberries in place of the regular cranberries in the recipe. You can also try using golden raisins and dried cherries in the mix-ins.
MORE HOLIDAY CANDY RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CHOCOLATE VANILLA FRUIT AND NUT FUDGE
- Serve: Let the fudge set in the fridge for 4 hours before serving. Once set, you can keep the fudge covered or kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Store: Chocolate Vanilla Fruit and Nut Fudge can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Make sure to keep it in an airtight container.
- Freeze: Keep your fudge in the freezer for up to 4 months. Use parchment paper between layers so it doesn’t stick. Let thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- 14 ounces condensed milk , divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil and spray with vegetable oil spray.
- Add the semi-sweet chips to one bowl with half the condensed milk and stir.
- Add the white chocolate chips to a second bowl with the rest of the condensed milk and stir.
- Microwave each bowl in 30 second increments, stirring between each time, until they're both melted and smooth.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla to each bowl.
- Add the cranberries and walnuts to the white chocolate bowl.
- Add the raisins and pecans to the semi-sweet chocolate bow.
- Stir both bowls well.
- Pour semi-sweet chocolate fudge into the baking dish in an even layer.
- Pour the white chocolate fudge evenly over the semi-sweet layer.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before slicing.
This looks really delicious! Will the fresh cranberries make the fudge spoil faster? The cranberries in the photo looks as though they have been cooked, which I suppose happens when combined with the melted chocolate mixture?
Hi! Store: Chocolate, Vanilla, Fruit, and Nut Fudge can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Make sure to keep it in an airtight container.
Freeze: Keep your fudge in the freezer for up to 4 months. Use parchment paper between layers so it doesn’t stick. Let thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
This is seriously one of my favorite desserts ever!! I love all of the flavors together!
I’m glad you love it so much, Jennifer.
Oh wow! My hubby is going to be all over this fudge recipe! Going to the store now. Excited to be trying this soon!
This is such a really nice treat! I loved how easy it is to make!
Perfect way to satisfy a craving! Thanks for the 5 star rating, Toni.