Christmas Saltine Toffee Cookies are quick and easy holiday treats. Salty, sweet toffee and oyster cracker bites topped with chocolate chips and sprinkles.
CHRISTMAS SALTINE TOFFEE COOKIES
Buttery toffee covered cracker cookies are an easy oven candy recipe made in just minutes. This fail-proof method is great for making edible holiday gifts or whenever you want a sweet treat fast. No need for constant stirring or a candy thermometer, the oven does all the work to reach the perfect candy temperature every time.
These Christmas Saltine Toffee Cookies are made with oyster crackers instead of larger saltines so you get uniform treats with no crumbs. The oyster crackers get coated all over with the sweet toffee but stay slightly crunchy, similar to Caramel Corn! They are topped with mini chocolate chips and Christmas-colored sprinkles for a tasty decoration.
MORE EASY CHRISTMAS CANDY RECIPES
One of the best things about treats like Christmas Saltine Toffee Cookies is that you can make them with whatever you have on hand or change them up to make them all year long. If you want Easter Saltine Toffee Cookies try pastel M&Ms instead of mini chocolate chips and sprinkles or use Halloween sprinkles for a spooky snack!
Baking Christmas Saltine Toffee Cookies in paper muffin cups keeps the toffee from sticking to the pan for easy clean up. You can use festive colored paper liners for a holiday party or gift basket. Plus the muffin cup keeps the Toffee Cookies from melting in your guest’s hands – the perfect party snack!
VARIATIONS ON CHRISTMAS SALTINE TOFFEE COOKIES
- Crackers: You can use other crackers like club crackers, saltine crackers, matzo, or graham crackers. Either break the crackers in pieces or lay them on a baking sheet and spread the toffee mixture on top.
- Chocolate: Instead of mini chocolate chips, you can add a layer melted chocolate chips or Chocolate Ganache before setting in the refrigerator. Try white chocolate chips and peppermint candies for a Peppermint Bark Toffee Cookie!
- Peanut Butter: Add 1 tablespoon peanut butter to the butter-sugar mixture or sprinkle with peanut butter chips for a Peanut Butter Saltine Toffee Cookies.
- Nuts: Sprinkle your Christmas Saltine Toffee Cookies with chopped nuts like pecans, cashews, almonds, or peanuts. Toast the nuts for more flavor!
- Candy: Instead of sprinkles and chocolate chops, top with candy like M&M’s, Reese’s Pieces, rainbow chips, or toffee bits.
- Marshmallows: Top with mini marshmallows or mallow bits (sugary cereal marshmallows), or chop up Homemade Marshmallows. Use 1 cup marshmallows instead of brown sugar for extra chewy Christmas Saltine Toffee Cookies.
- Dried Fruit: Mix in dried fruit like golden raisins, cranberries, chopped apricots, or strawberries in with the crackers and toffee before baking.
MORE HOLIDAY DESSERTS
HOW TO STORE CHRISTMAS SALTINE TOFFEE COOKIES
- Serve: These Christmas Saltine Toffee Cookies are best at room temperature and can be kept for up to 1 week in a sealed container or bag.
- Store: Store Christmas Saltine Toffee Cookies an airtight container or plastic bag and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks. Bring to room temperature before serving to soften the toffee coating.
- Freeze: Once set, you can freeze Christmas Saltine Toffee Cookies in a freezer safe bag for up to 6 months. Thaw at room temperature for an hour before serving.
Christmas Saltine Toffee Cookies
- Yield: 24 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Candy
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 9 ounces oyster crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Christmas sprinkles
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Add butter and brown sugar to a medium saucepan on medium high and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and bubbling.
- Add the crackers to a large bowl and toss with brown sugar mixture, then add to lined muffin tin (do this quickly).
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Top with mini chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until fully cooled.
Yield: 24 servings, Amount per serving: 163 calories, Calories: 163g, Carbohydrates: 16g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 21mg, Sodium: 111mg, Potassium: 50mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 239g, Calcium: 9g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.