Dominos Sweet BBQ Bacon Chicken Copycat made with chicken breast nuggets, sweet BBQ sauce, mozzarella and cheddar cheese topped with crispy bacon.
We love Copycat Recipes on this site, especially dishes that you can enjoy at home that are perfect for parties and game days. No need to call in the order when you can get it hot from your own oven. For more variety in your appetizer spread, serve along with Domino’s Hot Buffalo Chicken!
DOMINOS SWEET BBQ BACON CHICKEN (COPYCAT)
This chicken appetizer is described as “chicken crust pizza” but I like to think of it more like chicken nugget nachos. Piled high on the nuggets are the sweet and smoky BBQ sauce, melted cheese and crispy bacon. It’s a perfectly sharable appetizer that’s so good, you might not want to share.
The amazing thing about making this copycat recipe at home is you have the freedom to adjust it however you like. If you love bacon (and who doesn’t?), add more bacon…not enough sauce, go crazy with the sauce. It’s all up to you!
Create a free account to Save Recipes
MORE EASY FAVORITE COPYCAT RECIPES
TYPES OF BBQ SAUCE
You can adjust the flavor to this chicken by adding your favorite BBQ sauce. Most people have their go-to grocery store brand that they swear by but if you plan on making your own, here are a few bases to get you started.
- Tomato-Based Sauces: It’s usually dark brown or red in color and can have all different type of flavorings that range from smokey and sweet to spicy.
- Mustard-Based Sauces: This sauce is made with mustard, vinegar, sugar and spices and is known as South Carolina Style.
- Mayonnaise-Based Sauces: Don’t be scared by the name. This sauce is known as Alabama White Sauce and has a thinned out mayo base that’s loaded with seasonings to give it a tangy flavor.
MORE GAME DAY RECIPES
HOW TO SERVE AND STORE
- Serve: This appetizer shouldn’t be left out at room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
- Store: Leftovers will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator in a sealed container though the chicken will become soggy from the sauce.
- Freeze: I recommend storing the chicken and the sauce separately when freezing. Both will last up to 6 months if stored in a freezer safe storage bag or container.
- 12 pieces breaded chicken bites
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese , shredded
- 3 pieces bacon , cooked until crispy, crumbled and divided
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line chicken nuggets up on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper in a single layer touching each other on the sides.
- Coat with bbq sauce.
- Top with most of the crispy bacon crumbles.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese then top with remaining bacon crumbles.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until cheese is cripsy, browned and melted.