This Domino’s Hot Buffalo Chicken is a spicy, cheesy appetizer of crispy chicken smothered in tangy buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and three melty cheeses!
DOMINO’S HOT BUFFALO CHICKEN
Say what you will about their pizza, Domino’s has really stepped up their game when it comes to sides. They certainly offer the most variety when it comes to non-pizza offerings at a pizza delivery chain. Instead of just having wings, they also have nuggets topped with fun flavors. The problem is you only get 8 and when you’re having a party you need more like 58 of them.
This Hot Buffalo Chicken is a bit spicier than the Jalapeno Pineapple Chicken, with just as much melty, gooey cheesy goodness.
This Hot Buffalo Chicken side is the best parts of a buffalo chicken pizza, but as an appetizer. You get all the delicious toppings without feeling bad about picking them off when no ones looking. Plus, no crusts means room for more snacks.
One surprising thing you’ll find with these Hot Buffalo Chicken bites is that there is no blue cheese. Instead Domino’s uses feta in along with their 3 cheese pizza blend. So for all the folks that avoid buffalo sides because they don’t like bleu cheese – this is an appetizer you can get on board with!
If you are serving this for a party, I would recommend making a double batch, they are gonna go fast. If you find you need to make more, luckily they are so easy to throw together, especially if you have Chicken Nuggets or Crispy Chicken Tenders in your freezer.
MORE DELICIOUS DIPPING SAUCES
HOW TO MAKE DOMINO’S HOT BUFFALO SPECIALTY CHICKEN
- Prepare Chicken: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 20 chicken nuggets on the baking sheet in a single layer with edges touching.
- Cover with Sauce and Cheese: Coat with Buffalo wing sauce and ranch dressing. Sprinkle over feta, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese.
- Bake: Bake at 400 degrees for 13-15 minutes.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON DOMINO’S HOT BUFFALO CHICKEN
- Hot Sauce: If buffalo sauce is a bit too spicy for you, try a milder sauce or add ¼ stick of butter to your hot sauce to bring down the heat.
- Cauliflower: For a delicious vegetarian dish, use Roasted Cauliflower or baked crispy tofu instead of the chicken.
- Cheese: If you are a bleu cheese fan, swap out the Feta crumbles for fresh bleu cheese crumbles instead. You can use a packaged pizza blend or try shredded provolone or Monterey jack.
- Chicken: Lighten up your appetizer and substitute grilled chicken pieces. You can use frozen chicken nuggets or even chicken patties for this recipe.
- Chicken Salad: If you have leftovers (or you make extra for the next day), top a garden salad with your Hot Buffalo Chicken Bites and serve with Ranch Dressing.
BUFFALO CHICKEN PIZZA
Turn this into a Buffalo chicken pizza with the ingredients from the recipe below (double the hot sauce and cheese) and my homemade Pizza Dough:
- Make the dough as usual.
- Spread ¼ cup hot sauce on crust (or use Pizza Sauce for milder pizza).
- Cover with ½ the shredded cheese and diced chicken bites.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing and sprinkle top with remaining cheeses.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
MORE BUFFALO FLAVORED RECIPES:
HOW TO SERVE AND STORE:
- Serve: This chicken will stay good at room temperature for up to 2 hours. Keep warm in the oven, covered in foil, if making ahead for a party.
- Store: Hot Buffalo Chicken Bites are best served fresh, as the sauce will make it a bit soggy, but you can keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days in a sealed container.
- Freeze: Store chicken without sauce for best results. This will keep for up to 6 months in the freezer, in an airtight container.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line chicken nuggets up in single layer touching each other on the sides.
- Coat with buffalo wing sauce and ranch dressing.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese cubes, cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until cheese is crispy, browned and melted.