Honey Mustard is an easy dipping sauce perfect for appetizers, sandwiches and as an ingredient in recipes made in just five minutes with four ingredients!
If you love Honey Mustard, you know that it’s more than just a condiment. It’s great as salad dressing, as a marinade, and as a sauce for the three best kinds of chicken: Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Tenders, and my favorite Super Crispy Fried Chicken.
My Honey Mustard recipe is ridiculously easy because it basically has one step. All you have to do is mix everything together in a small bowl. Honey Mustard shouldn’t have to be harder than that to make and it shouldn’t be a sauce you run out to buy last minute. This recipe makes the most crave-able honey mustard ever.
The great thing about making your own homemade Honey Mustard sauce is that you can customize the flavor to get the overall taste you’re craving. You can also drizzle your Honey Mustard on pretty much everything in your cookbook, from veggies to fried food, and it’s one of those easy recipes that you’ll want to use over and over again. This Honey Mustard sauce is the perfect addition to your weeknight dinner or fancy party.
HOW TO MAKE HONEY MUSTARD
- Add mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice, dijon mustard and yellow mustard to a large bowl.
- Whisk your ingredients well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON HONEY MUSTARD
- Spices: If you want to add a little more zing to your Honey Mustard, try mixing in some cayenne pepper, garlic powder, black pepper, or even a pinch of paprika.
- Whole grain honey mustard: Instead of using dijon mustard, swap it out for whole grain mustard so you get the pop of the pickled mustard seeds in your honey mustard dressing.
More Easy Sauce Recipes:
- Buffalo Wing Sauce: Perfect for Buffalo Wings or dipping or my famous Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- Classic Tartar Sauce: Make your Fish Sticks or Crispy Fish Tacos happy.
- Quick and Easy Marinara Sauce: This needs to live in your freezer, we make 4x batches for ALL the recipes including my famous Ultimate Meat Lasagna.
- Fry Sauce: The perfect dipping sauce for your Onion Rings, French Fries or Sweet Potato Fries.
HOW LONG IS HOMEMADE HONEY MUSTARD GOOD?
- Serve: You should not keep Honey Mustard at room temperature due to the mayo in it. Don’t leave it out for longer than 2 hours.
- Store: Your homemade Honey Mustard will last you up to 3 weeks in the fridge as long as it is stored in an airtight container.
- Freeze: You shouldn’t freeze this Honey Mustard sauce because the mayo in it won’t thaw well. You should enjoy your Honey Mustard fresh or straight from the fridge.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Add the mayonnaise, honey, yellow mustard, dijon mustard and lemon juice to a large bowl.
- Whisk the ingredients together well.
- Refrigerate the honey mustard for 1 hour before serving.