Fruit Almond Bites are a tasty and healthy snack made with apricots, cranberries, and pistachios. An easy to make afternoon pick me up!
If you always seem to be running from one place to another, these Fruit Almond Bites are the perfect snack to fuel you until your next meal. They’re already in single serving size portions making them easy to grab on the way out of the door.
Because they’re a healthier option, you’ll have zero guilt about packing them in kids’ lunches, taking them on hikes, or as a hit snack after sports practice. They’re a total win for the whole family. Technically they last a long time at room temperature – if you can resist eating them all in one day!
These no-bake almond energy bites are so easy to make and will quickly take the place of the granola bars you usually pick up from the grocery store. They’re naturally gluten-free and require only a handful of ingredients. They are easily customizable by adding in your favorite dried fruit or nuts, or even candy pieces.
If you really want to give them a healthy kick, add in chia seeds or flax seeds to your food processor for an extra boost of nutrients. These bites are naturally gluten free and grain free. No matter the combination, you’ll have a yummy snack to enjoy, so naturally sweet you can pass it off as candy or treats during the holidays!
MORE TASTY SNACK RECIPES
HOW TO TOAST NUTS
Toasting the nuts is not necessary for this recipe but allows for a nuttier and richer flavor to come through in these bites. It also helps the texture stay crunchier. To toast them, simply bake the nuts in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or you can cook them in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON FRUIT ALMOND BITES
- Fruits: Swap out or add in any of your favorite dried fruits like cherries, Medjool dates or blueberries.
- Coconut: Add shredded coconut flakes to the nut mixture to roll them in at the end, or you can skip the nuts and just use coconut.
- Chocolate: If you want something on the sweeter side, roll these bites in mini chocolate chips or dip them in dark chocolate.
- Vegan: Simply swap out the honey for maple syrup to make this a vegan recipe. You can also use peanut butter or almond butter as a substitute.
- Oats: Give these bites some more oomph by adding a handful of quick cooked rolled oats or granola to your fruit and honey mixture.
- Flavoring: If you aren’t a fan of almond extract, try swapping it with vanilla extract or chocolate extract. You can also just tame the almond by adding half the amount and using vanilla for the other half.
EASY CANDY RECIPES
HOW TO STORE
- Serve: You can keep Fruit Almond Bites at room temperature in a sealed container for up to 1 week. Line the container with paper towels to absorb moisture.
- Store: Fruit Almond Bites can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Freeze: Freeze the bites on a baking sheet for one hour then transfer them to a freezer-safe bag. Store for up to 3 months and bring to room temperature to serve.
- 4 cups almonds , divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups dried apricots , finely chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries , finely chopped
- 1 cup pistachios , finely chopped, toasted
- Add almonds to your food processor pulsing until finely chopped like a coarse crumb.
- Reserve 1 ½ cups of almonds for rolling and add in the pistachios.
- To the food processor add the honey and vanilla extract and pulse until well combined and the almonds are small (see picture above).
- Add in the cranberries and apricots and stir to combine.
- Cut mixture into 4 pieces and roll into 1 inch thick logs that you wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow honey to tighten up.
- Cut each log into 1 inch thick slices and roll in the almond pistachio mixture.