Funfetti Cake Batter Dip is an easy, nostalgic dessert dip made with cake mix, vanilla yogurt, Cool Whip, and sprinkles and it tastes just like Dunkaroos!
Get all the classic flavor from Easy Vanilla Cake made even easier with this Funfetti Cake Batter Dip. This is another genius Boxed Cake Mix Hack that will make whipping up dessert for a crowd a breeze.
If you’d like to see more fun dessert ideas, visit my Dessert Recipe.
FUNFETTI CAKE BATTER DIP (DUNKAROO DIP)
Do you love no-bake desserts and need something shareable to serve up at your next birthday party, holiday party, or get-together?
Funfetti Cake Batter Dip, or Dunkaroo Dip (for all my fellow 80s and 90s kids) is an extremely easy dessert dip to make, and it’s perfect for sharing with a huge group of people. You won’t believe how cute this dessert is with its rainbow sprinkles, plus it will bring back memories of Kangaroos slam dunking cookies from the early 90s.
If this is your first time making a dessert dip, you’re in for a fun surprise. Dessert dips combine all of the fun of a gourmet treat with the share-ability of an appetizer that’s perfect for dunking, and the prep for it is ridiculously easy. Serve the dip up with an arrangement of cookies for dunking and enjoy. You can even feel comfortable sharing this recipe with your family with yogurt in the recipe this is different than the classic cookies with frosting that people serve as Dunkaroos copycats.
OTHER HOLIDAY DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE FUNFETTI CAKE BATTER DIP (DUNKAROO DIP)
- Mix the cake mix, vanilla yogurt and cool whip together until well combined.
- Put the dip in the fridge for at least two hours.
- You can freeze for 30 minutes if in a hurry.
- Stir in sprinkles right before serving.
- Serve with cookies of all varieties.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON FUNFETTI CAKE BATTER DIP (DUNKAROO DIP)
- Mix-in: You can customize your dessert dip by mixing in some additional ingredients. I recommend mixing in crushed oreos, vanilla wafers, pretzels, graham crackers, or chocolate chips, just to name a few.
- Gluten Free: It’s pretty easy to make gluten free Dunkaroo dip. Substitute the Funfetti Cake Mix for a mix that specifically says that it’s gluten free.
- Fruity Flavors: Try giving your Funfetti Dip a fruity twist with cake mix flavors like lemon or strawberry. You can add dried strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries, but I don’t recommend adding fresh or frozen fruit.
FUNFETTI CAKE BATTER DIP (DUNKAROO DIP) FAQS
- Do you really need to let the dip sit in the fridge for 2 hours? Yes. If you don’t let the Funfetti dip sit in the fridge for 2 hours, it won’t firm up into a solid ball and can even end up mushy and soupy. Take the extra time and let it chill.
- Really pressed for time? Put the dip in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Is it really important to stir out the lumps? Yes. Those lumps are balls of dry ingredients that didn’t get mixed into the dish as a whole. It’s really unpleasant to take a big scoop out of the dip only to bite into a clump of raw powder.
MORE FUN DESSERT RECIPES
HOW LONG IS FUNFETTI CAKE BATTER DIP (DUNKAROO DIP) GOOD?
- Serve: Because it will quickly start to melt, don’t leave Dunkaroo Dip out for longer than about 2 hours, which means you should put the finishing touches together right before you plan to eat it.
- Store: Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or put it in a sealable container, and Dunkaroo Dip will stay good for up to a week before it’s time to throw it away.
- Freeze: You can keep your Funfetti Cake Batter Dip in the freezer for up to 3 months if it’s properly sealed and no moisture gets in.
- 1 box funfetti cake mix
- 6 ounces vanilla yogurt
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Whisk together the cake mix, yogurt and cool whip until smooth.
- Put the dip in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, then right before serving mix in the sprinkles.