Grilled Pork Chops are the perfect, easy summer main dish with a quick flavorful brown sugar garlic marinade you can make in just 30 minutes.
Brown Sugar Garlic Oven Baked Pork Chops are a reader favorite Pork Recipe and these Grilled Pork Chops are a version you can make on the grill once the weather warms up. They’re a simple, easy, and fork tender recipe that’s sure to impress a crowd!
GRILLED PORK CHOPS
Cooking up a juicy, bone-in Grilled Pork Chop is much easier than you might think. Pork Chops are a perfect main dish, since they have a quick cook time and are just as tender and juicy as slow cooker pork without having to wait all day. It’s covered in a delicious spice blend of black pepper, kosher salt, garlic, onion powder, paprika, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. As far as Pork Chop recipes go, this one is one of the easiest you’ll ever try.
How thick should pork chops be?
The minimum thickness you should shoot for is 3/4 inch when grilling, but 1 inch is preferred. This helps to maintain juiciness while giving you time to get a good char on the outside of the chops.
To make sure you end up with juicy pork you should definitely let the Pork Chops marinate in the marinade for at least 20 minutes in order for the meat to absorb as much flavor as possible while also tenderizing it. Since the cooking time is so short, a few extra minutes to marinate is absolutely worth it.
MORE FAVORITE PORK RECIPES TO TRY
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED PORK CHOPS
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- In a small bowl, mix together the seasoned salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and Worcestershire sauce until thoroughly combined.
- Rinse pork chops, and sprinkle the wet chops on both sides with the spice mixture.
- With your hands, massage the spice rub into the meat; allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Grill the chops over indirect heat until no longer pink inside, about 12 minutes per side.
- An instant-read thermometer should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Allow chops to stand for 10 more minutes before serving.
VARIATIONS ON GRILLED PORK CHOPS
- Spices: To mix up the flavor of your Grilled Pork Chops, all you have to do is switch up the spices a little bit. Try adding a dash of red pepper flakes, cumin, cinnamon, a dash of soy sauce, or make a rub from brown sugar.
HOW LONG ARE GRILLED PORK CHOPS GOOD?
- Serve: You should never leave your Grilled Pork Chops out at room temperature for longer than 2 hours, or they will grow some pretty nasty bacteria that can make you very sick.
- Store: Your Grilled Pork Chops will stay good in the fridge for up to 3 days, as long as you keep them tightly wrapped in something airtight, like a sealable bag or tupperware. Always allow the Grilled Pork Chops’ internal temperature to cool down to room temperature before you wrap it up and put it away.
- Freeze: To freeze your Grilled Pork Chops, store them in a freezer bag or a sealable container and they should last you up to 6 months before you should throw it away and make some more.
PERFECT DINNER SIDE DISHES:
WHEN ARE GRILLED PORK CHOPS SAFE TO EAT?
According to the USDA’s official website, Grilled Pork Chops are ready to eat when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. You should always check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer at the thickest part of the pork chop.
Grilled Pork Chops
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops , 1 inch thick
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and let marinate for 20 minutes.
Remove the meat from the marinade and allow excess liquid to drip off.
On a grill or grill pan on medium-high heat, grill the chops until no longer pink inside, about 6-8 minutes per side or until the internal temperature of the pork has reached 145 degrees.
Yield: 4 servings, Amount per serving: 343 calories, Calories: 343g, Carbohydrates: 6g, Protein: 35g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 117mg, Sodium: 1341mg, Potassium: 651mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 123g, Vitamin C: 2g, Calcium: 44g, Iron: 2g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.