Halloween Pretzel Hugs are a fun, easy-to-make treat for spooky fall parties! A kid friendly snack made with Hersey Kisses, pretzel squares, and candy corn.
HALLOWEEN PRETZEL HUGS
Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs are the easiest Halloween dessert recipe! You’ll love how quick and simple this candy is to make with just 3 ingredients and no mixing or measuring. The hardest steps in making Halloween Pretzel Hugs is unwrapping the chocolate kisses and trying not to eat them before they cool.
These Halloween Pretzel Hugs make cute party favors for Halloween parties at schools or bag them for bake-sales. This Pretzel Hug recipe makes 70 tasty and fun candies so you’ll have plenty to give away and enjoy yourself! Halloween Pretzel Hugs last for a long time on the counter, so make a double batch and have a fun snack all fall-long.
One of the best parts of Candy Corn Pretzel Hugs is that they are easy to change up for other holidays. If you aren’t a fan of candy corn, you can make these Halloween Pretzel Hugs with M&Ms, Reese’s Pieces, or Soft Caramels. Swap out the extra candy with savory nuts for crunch or grab baking chips you have on hand, the possibilities are endless!
MORE CHOCOLATE SNACK RECIPES:
Halloween Pretzel Hugs are a fun activity to keep kids occupied during fall break. Let them do all the unwrapping and assembling, and all you have to do is the baking part if your kids are younger. Make it even more fun (and use up leftover Halloween candy) by letting them be creative with assorted bite-sized chocolate bars and candies.
Be sure to chill Halloween Pretzel Hugs before you enjoy them. It takes about 20 minutes in the refrigerator for the chocolate to set, and then you can keep them at room temperature for weeks. One small (but important) tip, don’t try to chill them faster in the freezer. Leftovers can be frozen after they are set but if you try to freeze hot melted chocolate it changes the texture.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON HALLOWEEN PRETZEL HUGS
- Peanut Butter: Instead of Hershey Kisses and candy corn, use mini peanut butter cups and Reese’s Pieces for Peanut Butter Pretzel Hugs.
- Hershey Kisses: You can use any Hershey Kisses flavor you like! Try limited edition fall flavors, special dark chocolate, or cookies & creme. Almond Hershey Kisses would add a delicious crunch!
- Chocolate Covered: Make your treats even more Halloween themed and dip them in melted white chocolate. Dye the white chocolate purple and green, or add black sugar pearls (or mini chocolate chips) for spooky ghost eyes.
- Gluten-Free: Chocolate kisses and candy corn are naturally gluten-free, so all you need to make this an allergy friendly gluten-free snack is to use gluten-free pretzel squares.
- Pretzels: You can use mini pretzel twists or pretzel rings instead of pretzel squares for this recipe. Double the pretzels and make Halloween Pretzel Sandwiches.
MORE DELICIOUS HOLIDAY CANDY!
HOW TO STORE HALLOWEEN PRETZEL HUGS
- Serve: Chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to set the chocolate. Once set, you can keep Halloween Pretzel Hugs at room temperature for up to 2 weeks in a plastic storage bag.
- Store: Refrigerate Halloween Pretzel Hugs in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Enjoy cold or bring to room temperature before serving to soften the candy corn.
- Freeze: Don’t freeze until after the chocolate has set. Freeze Halloween Pretzel Hugs in a freezer safe plastic bag for up to 6 months. Thaw for 30 minutes before eating so the candy corn is soft enough to bite into.
- 70 square pretzel snaps
- 70 Hershey's kisses
- 70 candy corn candies
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Line up the pretzels on the baking sheet.
- Top with Hershey's kisses.
- Place in a 250 degree oven for 2-3 minutes until chocolate is shiny but not losing its shape.
- Remove carefully and press a candy corn candy into the center of each chocolate candy kiss.
- Press gently to ensure the kiss maintains most of its shape.
- Let cool completely in refrigerator for 20 minutes.