Honey Banana Bread is tender, moist, sweet, and rich with banana, cinnamon, and nutmeg flavors, and crunchy pecans mixed in. Ready to enjoy in 60 minutes!
Honey Banana Bread is just as moist and fluffy as classic Banana Bread, but using honey as a natural sweetener adds in some extra flavor and nutrients. Healthy Banana Bread is the perfect Quick Bread that you can enjoy for Breakfast or a sweet treat.
HONEY BANANA BREAD
Banana Bread is a classic way to use up over ripe bananas. It takes what’s gone bad and turns it into rich bread with a delicious banana flavor. Making Banana Bread with honey is a great way to get that same amazing taste and texture without using refined sugar. It also uses oil in place of butter for an overall healthier recipe.
We have lots of variations on Banana Bread on our blog. From Sour Cream Banana Bread, to Banana Nut Bread, to Chocolate Banana Bread, there are plenty of delicious ways to enjoy moist banana bread. However, Honey Banana Bread just might be the new favorite banana bread in our house. It’s sweet and tender, with warm spices from the nutmeg and cinnamon. Then there’s some extra crunchy texture from the pecans to complete the delicious treat.
You can serve up warm slices of Banana Bread plain, or add some toppings to it. Honey Banana Bread would taste amazing with butter, Nutella, or cinnamon sugar over the top.
MORE QUICK BREAD RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING HONEY BANANA BREAD
- Prep time: Start the Banana Bread recipe by preheating your oven. Then spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray. You can also use butter to make a greased loaf pan, or just use parchment paper. Next, peel, slice, and mash the bananas to prep the banana mixture before starting the batter.
- Batter: Add the eggs, mashed bananas, oil, and honey to a bowl and whisk the wet ingredients together. In a separate bowl sift together the flour mixture. Once you’ve sifted the dry ingredients, add them to the other mixing bowl to combine them with the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined, being careful not to over mix. Fold in the pecans, but reserve a handful.
- Baking time: Pour the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle the remaining pecans over the top. Bake for 50-55 minutes. When the Honey Banana Bread looks done stick a toothpick in the center. If the toothpick comes out clean take the loaf from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON HONEY BANANA BREAD
- Honey Banana Muffins: Try making this into an easy on-the-go breakfast recipe by pouring the bread batter into a muffin tin to bake.
- Oil: Instead of using vegetable oil in the recipe, you can replace it with canola oil or coconut oil.
- Sweetener: While this recipe is named for the honey, you can exchange it for another sweetener. If you don’t have honey try using brown sugar or maple syrup.
- Nuts: Instead of pecans try chopped walnuts, almonds, cashews, or hazelnuts in the Honey Banana Bread recipe.
- Banana slices: Along with the flavor from the mashed bananas, you can add some whole banana slices for more flavor and texture. Add the banana slices to the top of the Banana Bread before baking.
- Vanilla Honey Banana Bread: For some vanilla flavor mix 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract into the bread batter.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread: For some delicious chocolate flavor fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips along with the pecans. You can use milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate chips.
- Wheat Banana Bread: To make healthy wheat banana bread, replace the all-purpose flour in the recipe with whole wheat flour.
MORE BANANA RECIPES
HOW TO STORE HONEY BANANA BREAD
- Serve: This Honey Banana Bread recipe can be kept at room temperature for up to 4 days. Just cover it in plastic wrap or tin foil to keep it moist.
- Store: To store it in the fridge let the bread cool, then wrap it in plastic wrap or tin foil, or put it in an airtight container. It will keep well in the fridge for 1 week.
- Freeze: You can also seal the bread to store it in the freezer for 6 months. Let it thaw in the fridge overnight before serving it.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas , (1 to 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans , chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray an 8x4 loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, banana, oil, and honey.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in the pecans (reserve some to sprinkle on top of muffin batter).
- Pour batter into loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.