Instant Pot Corned Beef is easy to make, wonderfully tender, juicy, and flavorful with just 3 ingredients. It’s the perfect St. Patrick’s Day dinner.
Corned Beef is a signature dish from Ireland, and the easy instant pot cooking process makes it simple enough to enjoy as an Easy Dinner Recipe. No need to save this flavorful dish just for St. Patrick’s Day! You can make it easily in the instant pot or the Slow Cooker.
INSTANT POT CORNED BEEF
Instant Pot Corned Beef is a hassle-free way to make this classic recipe with practically no prep time. All you have to do is season the Corned Beef, then cook it with a flavorful broth. The beef stock will soak into the Instant Pot Corned Beef during the cook time to make a fork-tender, juicy Corned Beef Dinner.
Corned Beef meat is the key ingredient to a Reuben Sandwich. While you can always get deli corned beef from the grocery store, it’s so much better using freshly cooked corned beef. So, if you have any leftovers be sure to make a delicious Reuben for lunch the next day. Serve it over rye bread with Swiss cheese, thousand island dressing, and sauerkraut.
MORE CLASSIC IRISH DISHES
HOW TO MAKE CORNED BEEF IN THE INSTANT POT
- Cooking Liquid: Start by adding a steam rack to your 6 quart instant pot. Make sure that the handles are facing up. Pour the beef broth into the base of the pressure cooker for the cooking liquid.
- Cooking Corned Beef: Add the corned beef to the pressure cooking pot. Season over the top with your spice packet and minced garlic. Seal the instant pot, and press the manual setting. Set the cooking time to 60 minutes for the Pressure Cooker Corned Beef. While you cook corned beef in the pressure cooker, you can prep the side dishes and other parts of dinner.
- Pressure Release: The pressure release is an important step in instant pot recipes. After the cook time, do a natural release instead of a quick pressure release. The remaining pressure in the pot will leave slowly, giving the meat some extra time to tenderize.
- Serve: Take the beef from the instant pot and slice it against the grain for the most tender servings.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON INSTANT POT CORNED BEEF
- Seasoning: You can add to the spice mixture by adding some ingredients along with the seasoning packet. Try adding fresh parsley, red pepper flakes, mustard seeds, or bay leaves.
- Mustard: You can also add some mustard over the top of the Corned Beef, before cooking. Whole grain mustard, dijon mustard, or spicy mustard would all taste wonderful.
- Vegetables: Try adding some vegetables to the Instant Pot Corned Beef recipe. Chop up a medium onion to put in for flavor. Yellow onion or red onions would both taste good. You could also add a sliced head cabbage or baby carrots. Toss them in and continue pressure cooking vegetables along with the brisket.
- Cooking liquid: For a more deep flavor, try adding some dark beer to the recipe. Use a classic Irish beer like a Guinness or any other dark ale. You could also use apple cider vinegar, apple juice, or ginger ale to add some flavor to the beef stock.
MORE DELICIOUS BEEF DINNERS
HOW TO STORE INSTANT POT CORNED BEEF
- Serve: Don’t leave Instant Pot Corned Beef at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: You can keep any leftover corned beef sealed in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Freeze: Or, freeze the corned beef for up to 3 months. You can let it thaw out in the fridge then reheat the meat in the oven.
- 3 cups beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 3- pound corned beef brisket , with spice packet
- Add the steam rack to your instant pot with the handles facing up.
- Pour beef broth into the pot and add the corned beef.
- Top with minced garlic.
- Season with a spice packet.
- Close, lock the lid, and seal the vent.
- Cook on high for 60 minutes, then naturally release the pressure.
- Remove corned beef from pot, let rest 5 minutes then slice thinly against the grain.