Instant Pot Pork Chops come out flavorful, tender, and juicy with a rich gravy to pour on top. All ready in under 30 minutes, made in one pot.
Delicious, Creamy Pork Chops make a great Dinner Recipe that’s always hit with the whole family. But, if you’re running low on time, this pressure cooker version is done way quicker and turns out just as delicious!
INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS
Instant Pot Pork Chops make unbelievable tender pork chops in a rich sauce. The Pressure Cooker Pork Chops are flavored with easy ingredients like pepper, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Then it’s all cooked in chicken broth under high pressure to get delicious results.
Instant pot recipes really speed up the cooking process. The bone-in pork chops come out buttery and flavorful with just 15 minutes cook time in the high-temperature electric pressure cooker. Instead of making the gravy in a separate saucepan, the Pork Chop recipe is an easy one-pot meal. By pressure cooking, you’re able to get the same delicious texture and flavor you’d get from a Baked Pork Chops recipe or skillet pork chops. The difference is a shorter cooking time and less hands-on work in the recipe.
The quick cooking of Instant Pot Pork Chops should gives you extra time to make delicious side dish recipes. Serve up your Pressure Cooker Chops with Roasted Vegetables, Baked Potatoes, or Mashed Potatoes to complete the hearty dinner. This recipe is especially great with mashed potatoes because they’ll soak up the gravy for an amazing, creamy combination.
MORE PORK RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING PORK CHOPS IN THE INSTANT POT
- Prep time: Start off the Pork Chops recipe by adding vegetable oil or olive oil to the base of the pressure cooker. Set the 6-quart instant pot to its sauté mode. Let the oil heat up slightly before you start cooking.
- Saute: Season each of the chops with salt and pepper. Saute the pork in batches and flip them to brown pork on both sides. Once they’re browned remove the chops from the instant pot.
- Cook time: Add the steam rack to the pressure cooker with the handles facing up. Pour in the chicken broth for the liquid. Then place the chops over the steam rack. Close the lid and seal the valve. Flip from sauté mode off and cook on high pressure. Cook the pork chops for 15 minutes.
- Pressure release: Flip the valve for a quick steam release. Then open the instant pot to release the remaining pressure. The temperature inside the instant pot will be very high, so be careful not to burn yourself. The pork chops should be tender and cooked through. To double-check they’re done, you can use an internal temperature read thermometer. The pork needs an internal temperature of 145 degrees to be done.
- Gravy: Move the pork chops to a plate while you make the gravy. Whisk together the cornstarch slurry and pour it into the liquid. Whisk the mixture together until thickened and creamy. Then pour it over the chops to serve.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS
- Seasoning: You can add different flavors to the recipe using seasonings. For a garlicky flavor add minced garlic cloves, garlic salt, or garlic powder. You can also try out other seasonings like thyme, rosemary, parsley, basil, or red pepper flakes.
- Mushrooms: For delicious mushrooms in your Instant Pot Pork Chops toss in some sliced mushrooms to cook along with the gravy at the end.
- Sauce: You can experiment with the flavor of the pork chops with gravy by adding different sauce ingredients to the gravy mixture. Mix in the ingredients when you’re adding the cornstarch to thicken the sauce. There are plenty of delicious flavors to try like Worcestershire sauce, mustard, or apple cider vinegar.
- Honey Pork chops: Try making Honey Pork Chops for a sweeter recipe. Add 2-3 tablespoons of honey to the sauce recipe before drizzling it over the pork chops. Another option instead of honey is mixing in some brown sugar.
- Creamy Pork Chops: To make more creamy pork chops, add thick creamy ingredients to the sauce like sour cream or heavy cream. The sour cream will add a bit of tang that the heavy cream won’t, so it depends on the flavor you want in your sauce.
- Broth: You can exchange the chicken broth for beef broth, vegetable broth, or use low sodium chicken broth.
SIDES TO SERVE WITH PORK CHOPS
HOW TO STORE INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS
- Serve: After cooking, Instant Pot Pork Chops shouldn’t be left at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: If you have any leftover pork chops, let them cool down. Once they aren’t hot you can seal the recipe in an airtight container and keep Pressure Cooker Pork Chops in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Freeze: You can also freeze pork chops for up to 6 months. Let frozen pork chops thaw in the fridge before reheating them.
- Add vegetable oil to instant pot bowl and set to sauté.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until well browned.
- Add the steam rack to your instant pot with the handles facing up.
- Pour chicken broth into the pot then add pork chops and season with dried oregano and paprika.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes, then quick release the pressure.
- Remove the pork chops carefully and remove the metal cooking rack.
- Set instant pot to sauté.
- Whisk together cornstarch and water then add to chicken broth mixture in the instant pot.
- Let cook for 5-6 minutes until thickened.
- Place pork chops on serving plate and cover with gravy.