Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Garlic Pork Chops are delicious and juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside flavored with sugar, garlic, salt, and pepper!
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pork Chops are the perfect family Dinner. You can prep Brown Sugar Garlic Pork Chops in the morning or afternoon and have the perfect meal ready at the end of the day. Make easy sides to go with it like Brown Rice or Mashed Potatoes to complete the entire dish.
SLOW COOKER BROWN SUGAR GARLIC PORK CHOPS
Brown sugar and garlic are one of the most delicious combos for savory dinners. The sweet brown sugar perfectly balances out the slight spice of the garlic. We’ve made Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken and Baked Brown Sugar Garlic Pork Chops. Now, you can get the delicious flavor duo in this crock pot pork version, that works great for meal prep.
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pork Chops turn out with juicy, flavorful pork every time. The slow cooker pork cooks low and slow with all the other ingredients so it absorbs the other rich flavors around it. After cooking on low heat for 6 hours you’ll have tender pork with a crispy exterior and tons of succulent flavor.
Brown Sugar Pork Chops are also a wonderfully versatile recipe. You can serve them for an easy weeknight meal or pair them with more rich side dishes for a celebratory dinner. They’ll go great with Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Dinner Rolls, or Green Bean Casserole if you serve them for a big get-together or holiday.
MORE SLOW COOKER RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING SLOW COOKER BROWN SUGAR GARLIC PORK CHOPS
- Prep time: To get the pork chops ready for the slow cooker add some vegetable oil to a pan and put it over medium heat. Add the pork chops and season them with salt and pepper. Brown the pork chops on both sides for about 2-3 minutes. Searing the pork chops in advance will make sure they get properly cooked through and give them a nice crispy outside.
- Cooking time: Place the pork chops in the slow cooker and rub the garlic and brown sugar over the top of the pork. Cook on low heat for 6 hours. You can decrease the cook times by increasing the heat of the slow cooker. However, the pork will turn out the most succulent and flavorful cooked low and slow.
VARIATIONS ON SLOW COOKER BROWN SUGAR GARLIC PORK CHOPS
- Soy Pork Chops: To make Soy Pork Chops use low sodium soy sauce. Combine brown sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes, and ½ cup low sodium soy sauce to cook the pork chops in.
- Boneless pork chops: If you want to use boneless pork chops instead of bone-in in the recipe, you’ll need to cook the Brown Sugar Pork Chops for less time because boneless meat will cook slightly faster.
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops: To make Honey Garlic Pork Chops instead of Brown Sugar Garlic Pork Chops, just replace the brown sugar with honey.
- Flavorings: For some extra flavorings try mixing in ingredients like chili paste, parsley sprigs, Cajun seasoning, parsley, or rosemary.
SIDE DISHES TO SERVE WITH SLOW COOKER BROWN SUGAR GARLIC PORK CHOPS
HOW TO STORE SLOW COOKER BROWN SUGAR GARLIC PORK CHOPS
- Serve: Don’t leave Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Pork Chops at room temperature for more than 2 hours. If you’re serving the pork for a potluck and it’ll be out for a while, leave them in the crockpot on low heat.
- Store: Seal the cooled pork chops in an airtight container to store in the fridge. The pork will keep well for 3-4 days.
- Freeze: You can also freeze Garlic Pork Chops for up to 6 months. Make sure they’re sealed tightly, and let them thaw before reheating them.
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Garlic Pork Chops
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 5 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 6 bone-in pork chops , 1 ½ inches thick
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Add the vegetable oil to a large skillet on medium-high heat, season the pork with salt and pepper, and brown the pork chops on both sides for 2-3 minutes until they are browned well.
Add them to the slow cooker, rub the garlic and the brown sugar onto the tops of them and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
Yield: 6 Servings, Amount per serving: 403 calories, Calories: 403g, Carbohydrates: 19g, Protein: 35g, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 117mg, Sodium: 486mg, Potassium: 618mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 18g, Vitamin A: 10g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 53g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.