These Magic Samoas Bars have all the chewy caramel coconut chocolate cookie goodness you love in Girl Scout Cookies! Easy layer bars in just 30 minutes.
Five Layer Bars are one of the easiest Snack Recipes that kids of all ages love! They are chewy, sweet delicious cookie bars that you can make so many ways. These Girl Scout cookie inspired bars are great for summer!
MAGIC SAMOAS LAYER BARS
No need to wait for cookie selling troops to appear outside the grocery store the next time you are craving their popular Samoa cookies. Depending on your pantry, you can make these bars for less than a box of Girl Scout Cookies and you don’t have to leave your house. Plus there’s no temptation to buy more boxes than you actually need!
This recipe for Magic Samoas Bars uses basic baking ingredients to make a tasty snack that doesn’t break the bank. Ingredients like caramels, shredded coconut, and condensed milk have a long shelf life so you can buy them in bulk. If you like to bake, you probably already have most of these ingredients on hand.
Sweetened condensed milk is a baker’s best friend. You can use it in so many recipes to give moisture, act as a binder, and you can easily turn it into caramel sauce. Not to mention, it’s extremely inexpensive! Keep a few cans on hand for whenever you are craving sweets like Coconut Macaroons, Magic Cookie Bars, or these sweet Magic Samoas Layer Bars.
One of the best things about these rich and chewy Magic Samoas Layer Bars is that they can feed crowd! They are super sweet just like those famous Girl Scout Cookies, so you only need a little bit to satisfy your sweet tooth. They travel well and you can serve them straight from the pans so they make a great party or potluck dessert.
You can make Magic Samoa Bars in advance and keep them in the refrigerator for up to one week. They are best served at room temperature, but make sure they don’t get too warm. All that caramel and chocolate can turn too gooey in the hot sun, so keep them in a cooler until you are ready to serve at cook outs and picnics.
These sweet Magic Samoa Bars are packed with flavor and can be served just how they are. But for even more caramel goodness, drizzle these Magic Samoas Layer Bars with Salted Caramel Sauce. If you need more chocolate in your life (who doesn’t) top them with Chocolate Ganache!
MORE FUN DESSERT RECIPES
VARIATIONS ON MAGIC SAMOAS LAYER BARS
- Caramels: If you have extra time, you should use these Homemade Salted Caramels. They are so easy and much better than any store bought caramel candy!
- Cookie Crust: Use shortbread cookies, Oreos, graham crackers or other hard wafer cookies to make the cookie crust. For a Girl Scout mashup, use leftover Thin Mints!
- Chocolate Chips: Swap in any of your favorite chocolate chip flavors like dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips instead of chocolate morsels.
- Magic Samoas Bites: Prepare these in a mini muffin pan to make these into bite sized magic bars. Line muffin tin with paper liners and press cookie crust into each muffin cup. Divide the rest of the ingredients evenly and bake for 14-16 minutes or until firm.
MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE AND BAR RECIPES:
HOW TO STORE MAGIC SAMOAS LAYER BARS
- Serve: Keep these Magic Samoas Bars at room temperature up to 3 days in an airtight container or plastic storage bag.
- Store: Refrigerate Magic Samoas Layer Bars in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Set on the counter for 30 minutes before serving.
- Freeze: You can freeze Magic Samoas Bars for up to 2 months. Arrange cooled bars in freezer safe bag in a single layer with the bag flat (so they don’t stick) and freeze. Thaw at room temperature overnight.
Magic Samoas Layer Bars
- Yield: 24
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 20 caramels , quartered
- 1 1/3 cups shredded sweetened coconut
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9 inch baking pan with baking spray.
Combine vanilla wafer crumbs and butter.
Press vanilla wafer mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture.
- Layer evenly with chocolate chips, caramels and coconut.
- Press down firmly with a fork.
Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool completely before cutting and serve at room temperature.
Yield: 24 , Amount per serving: 228 calories, Calories: 228g, Carbohydrates: 26g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 17mg, Sodium: 105mg, Potassium: 156mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 20g, Vitamin A: 170g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 66g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.