Mushroom Feta Crustless Quiche loaded with caramelized mushrooms and sweet onions, ricotta and feta cheese. Gluten free and loaded with veggies for a glorious breakfast.
This crustless Mushroom Quiche is an easy gluten free brunch dish your guests will love. You can make it in a baking pan and even mix the custard ahead of time and bake it the morning of to prepare ahead of time so your morning of your event is less hectic.
Gluten free, and packed with protein and veggies, this Mushroom Feta Crustless Quiche is also on the healthy side. It will keep you full and satisfied all morning. If you are like me, you can top yours with a good amount of Sriracha sauce for a spicy kick.
With the weekend just hours away you can pop this into the oven tonight and have a glorious breakfast waiting for you in the morning.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , sliced
- 20 ounces portabello mushrooms , cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup feta , crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup green onion , chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley , chopped
- 1 teaspoons kosher
- 1/2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9x8 inch baking pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, turning the pan from side to side to ensure all sides are covered. Set aside.
- In a medium - large frying pan, heat the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil, then cook the onions and mushrooms over medium heat until the onions are soft, stirring from time to time, about 5-7 minutes, season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, using a fork beat the eggs for 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix together the ricotta, feta, chopped green onion, parsley and the eggs until well combined.
- Mix in the mushroom and onion mixture into the cheese and eggs and stir well, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until set, and the center is firm to the touch, about 45 minutes.
- Let the quiche cool for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.