Oreo Bark is an easy 15 minute dessert made with white chocolate and lots of Oreos, the quickest cookies and cream holiday candy everyone will love!
Peppermint Bark is one of the most classic Holiday desserts because of how tasty it is and how good of a gift it makes. This recipe will cure all your Oreo cravings almost as much as our super popular Oreo Balls!
If you need more tasty Holiday treats to wow your dinner guests, check out my dessert page for some delicious seasonal ideas.
OREO BARK ( aka Cookies and Cream Bark)
This holiday season, make your friends, family, and coworkers something delicious to eat. Oreo Bark is not only delicious, you can wrap it up in wax paper with bow and give it out as a gift, easy and it looks beautiful!
Oreo White Chocolate Bark is the perfect combination of crunchy, sweet, and filling, and it won’t take forever for you to put together. These Christmas treats are ridiculously easy to make, and one batch can be chopped up to make multiple gift bags. Plus, this bark recipe is easy enough for you and your kids can make presents together as a fun family project.
White Chocolate Chips vs White Chocolate Melting Disks:
For this recipe I used white chocolate chips instead of white chocolate melting wafers or disks. This is because the flavor of white chocolate is better than the melting disks.
The hard part about working with white chocolate is the melting process. If you cook the white chocolate too long or on too high of a temperature you will burn it and it will seize (there is no recovery from this). To combat this we melt the white chocolate very carefully.
How to melt white chocolate chips:
To safely melt white chocolate chips without seizing the white chocolate use half power in your microwave and work in 30 second increments, stirring between every 30 seconds and stopping when just a few small pieces remain. Carryover cooking will melt any small remaining pieces.
HOW TO MAKE OREO WHITE CHOCOLATE BARK
- Line a 15×10 jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Add the white chocolate chips to a large glass bowl.
- Microwave white baking chips on half power (very important) until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Make sure you remove as much of the crumbs from the Oreos as possible (this keeps the chocolate bark clean from crumbs).
- Fold in the Oreo chunks, then pour onto the baking sheet. Use one spoonful of white chocolate to drizzle over the tray.
- Refrigerate until set, about30 minutes.
- Break into chunks to serve.
MORE DELICIOUS HOLIDAY CANDY!
VARIATIONS OREO WHITE CHOCOLATE BARK
- Add ins: Try mixing in crushed pretzels, a little bit of peanut butter, or even chocolate chips. You can customize your Oreo Bark in a variety of ways to match your personal tastes or the occasion.
- Oreo flavors: Try mixing up the flavors of the Oreos you’re using to give the Oreo White Chocolate Bark an entirely different flavor. You could try White Chocolate Oreos, Peppermint Oreos, Peanut Butter Oreos, or even Birthday Cake Oreos.
OREO WHITE CHOCOLATE BARK FAQS
- How to cut chocolate bark?
- If you want your Oreo Bark in perfect squares, place the blade of your knife in hot water for 30 seconds. Dry the blade well and place it against the bark to score the bark and let the heat of the blade melt a line into the bark. This will be an exercise in patience but it will make clean lines.
- You can also break up the Oreo bark with a kitchen mallet to get smaller, less uniform chunks.
- You can use your hands to simply break it apart into random chunks.
HOW LONG IS OREO WHITE CHOCOLATE BARK GOOD?
- Serve: Oreo White Chocolate Bark is good at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Store: Let the Oreo White Chocolate Bark cool down to room temperature, then put it in a sealable container and keep it in the fridge. It should stay good for up to 3 weeks.
- Freeze: You can keep your chocolate bark in the freezer for up to 6 months before it gets really difficult to thaw out.
MORE DELICIOUS OREO RECIPES
Oreo Bark Recipe
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Oreo Bark is an easy 15 minute dessert made with white chocolate and lots of Oreos chunks, the quickest cookies and cream holiday candy everyone will love!
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips , (2 packages)
- 16 Oreo cookies , broken into thirds
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Line a 15x10 jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
Add the white chocolate chips to a large glass bowl.
Microwave white baking chips on half power (very important) until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
Make sure you remove as much of the crumbs from the Oreos as possible (this keeps the chocolate bark clean from crumbs).
Fold in the Oreo chunks, then pour onto the baking sheet. Use one spoonful of white chocolate to drizzle over the tray.
Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
Break into chunks to serve.
Yield: 12 Servings, Amount per serving: 228 calories, Calories: 228g, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 6mg, Sodium: 99mg, Potassium: 115mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 23g, Vitamin A: 9g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 60g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.