Peach Cake is a delicious, easy summer dessert with peach slices in a yellow cake batter baked until golden brown that’s delicious with vanilla ice cream!
This easy, tasty Cake Recipe is a cross between buttery Yellow Cake and a fresh Peach Pie, and it’s the perfect summer dessert! A few simple ingredients plus fresh peaches make a delicious cake in about an hour.
There’s no better time than summertime for fresh, ripe peach desserts! Peak peach season is from July to August, so this Fourth of July, skip the usual Peach Cobbler and make this Peach Cake instead. A delicious Peach Cake is perfect for summer barbecues, potlucks, or a quick weeknight dessert.
Peach Cake is an easy, one bowl cake that takes minutes to whip together. It starts with a buttery yellow cake batter filled with lots of butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Then you add fresh, frozen or even canned peach slices (or chunks) right into the batter to give it fruity, naturally sweet bursts of peach flavor in every bite.
Peach Cake is so good and sweet, it only needs a dollop of Whipped Cream or a dusting of powdered sugar as a topping. But just like any peach dessert, you know it’s extra delicious with a big scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream! You could also decorate Peach Cake with Buttercream Frosting for parties or birthdays.
This Peach Cake recipe is best with fresh peaches, especially when its peak summer peach season. If you need to use frozen peaches, make sure to thaw and drain them before adding them to the cake batter. Canned peaches are great too, just be sure to rinse off any sugary syrup before mixing in making this an easy pantry recipe.
There are so many ways to bake this Peach Cake! Make summer Peach Cake for a crowd by baking in a 9×13 baking pan. Bake in Peach Cake in a bundt pan and top with simple glaze made with peach juice, or try our cupcake and upside down cake variations below.
Can you make Peach Cake ahead?
There are a couple ways to make Peach Cake ahead of time. You can bake the cake and keep it in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for 6 months. Another way is to mix all the dry ingredients and then store in a sealed container until you are ready to make a cake.
MORE EASY SUMMER DESSERTS
VARIATIONS ON PEACH CAKE
- Fruit: Other stone fruits taste just as good in this pound cake. Instead of peach slices, you can use sliced plums, apricots, or nectarines.
- Berries: Peaches and berries are delicious together! Mix in a 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries into the cake batter.
- Spices: Add warm spices to your Peach Cake batter like ground cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom.
- Nuts: Give your Peach Cake some crunch by sprinkling the top of the cake with chopped pecans or almonds before baking.
- Flavoring: Substitute 1 teaspoon vanilla extract with almond extract or peach juice for more flavoring in your cake.
- Upside Down Cake: Make an Upside Down Peach Cake by sprinkling 1/2 cup brown sugar on the bottom of your cake pan and arranging peach slices over sugar in a single layer. Pour cake batter over peaches and bake as usual. Cool cake for 10 minutes then invert onto a cake plate so peaches are on top of the cake.
- Peach Cupcakes: To make Peach Cupcakes, grease or line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. For best results, pour batter into cupcake pan before adding peaches and then arrange peach slices on top of the cake batter. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
EASY CLASSIC CAKES FOR ANY OCCASION
HOW TO STORE PEACH CAKE
- Serve: Peach Cake can be at room temperature for up to 2 days. Cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
- Store: Refrigerate Peach Cake for up to one week in an airtight container. Cool to room temperature before storing.
- Freeze: Wrap a completely cooled Peach Cake tightly with plastic wrap and store in an airtight container or bag. Freeze for up to 6 months.
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Peach Cake is a delicious, easy summer dessert with peach slices in a yellow cake batter baked until golden brown that's delicious with vanilla ice cream!
- 2 medium peaches , peeled and sliced (or 12 ounces frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup whole milk
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9-inch springform pan or cake pan with baking spray.
To your stand mixer add the butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy then add in the eggs one at a time.
Sift the flour, salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl then add them into the stand mixer on low speed until just combined.
Add the milk.
Fold the peaches into the batter.
Pour into pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
Yield: 12 servings, Amount per serving: 308 calories, Calories: 308g, Carbohydrates: 54g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 55mg, Sodium: 249mg, Potassium: 130mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 38g, Vitamin A: 450g, Vitamin C: 3g, Calcium: 14g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.