Pecan Praline Toffee Bites are easy dessert bites with graham crackers, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and chopped pecans. Addicting homemade holiday candy!
PECAN PRALINE TOFFEE BITES
Whether you call them Praline Crack, Graham Cracker Toffee, Praline Grahams, or Pecan Praline Toffee Bites, these cookie-candy bites are a delicious and addicting holiday treat! With just a handful of baking ingredients you are sure to have on hand, Pecan Praline Toffee Bites are an easy snack recipe you can make in minutes.
Pecan Praline Toffee Bites are a buttery, melt-in-your-mouth graham cracker toffee that’s like tastes like Peanut Brittle meets Pecan Pie. The graham cracker bits and praline are soft and chewy, and the salty crunch from the pecans balances out the cookies for a perfect sweet and savory bite.
These Pecan Praline Toffee Bites are a delicious snack recipe that look as great as they taste. Since they are baked in a muffin tin, the clean up is easy and you don’t need break them or cut them after baking. For bite-sized Pecan Toffee Bites, use a mini muffin pan. This is a great way to make a lot of Pecan Praline Toffee Bites for a potluck or party!
EASY CHRISTMAS CANDY RECIPES
You can make a big batch of Pecan Praline Toffee Bites ahead of time and freeze them. Enjoy them straight from the freezer or let them come to room temperature so they are soft again.
This recipe is also easy to alter to make it your own! Make these Pecan Praline Toffee Bites with or without chocolate, swap the pecans with hazelnuts, or mix-in any number of your favorite baking goodies.
Or top them with holiday sprinkles while they are still hot for a festive touch. Whether or not you decorate them, let them set up in the refrigerator before serving so the toffee has time to cool.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON PECAN PRALINE TOFFEE BITES
- Crackers: Use other crackers or cookies instead of graham crackers like Saltine crackers, vanilla wafer cookies, chocolate graham crackers, Oreo cookies, or Teddy grahams.
- Chocolate: Melt ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and pour over each muffin cup before (or after) adding the pecans. You could also use dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or butterscotch chips. Instead of melting the chocolate, sprinkle chocolate chips with pecans.
- Cinnamon: Stir in a 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, or Pumpkin Pie Spice for more holiday flavor in your Pecan Praline Toffee Bites.
- Rum: For a southern praline flavor, add 1-2 tablespoons bourbon or Tennessee whiskey to the toffee mixture while the butter is melting. You could also use rum extract for the boozy flavor without the punch!
- Creamy Praline: Stir in ½ cup heavy cream, evaporated milk, or buttermilk to the butter-brown sugar mixture and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until foaming. Continue recipe as usual.
- Mix-Ins: Sprinkle with chopped candy canes, English toffee bits, mini chocolate chips, festive sprinkles, or any other baking add-ins you like. Swap pecans for hazelnuts, peanuts, cashews, walnuts, or almonds!
Pecan Praline Bars
- Instead of breaking into pieces, leave graham cracker sheets whole.
- Lay out in a single layer on a greased cookie sheet.
- Prepare toffee mixture as usual and pour over graham crackers.
- Sprinkle pecans over toffee and bake for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes and cut or break into bars.
- Allow to cool completely before storing or serving.
MORE HOLIDAY CANDY RECIPES
HOW TO STORE PECAN PRALINE TOFFEE BITES
- Serve: Cool Pecan Praline Toffee Bites at least 15 minutes in the refrigerator before serving so the toffee has time to set and cool down.
- Store: You can keep Pecan Praline Toffee Bites at room temperature for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 1 month in an airtight container and bring to room temperature to serve.
- Freeze: Once set and cooled, place Pecan Praline Toffee Bites in a freezer safe plastic zipper bag, and freeze for up to 6 months. Thaw at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator to serve.
- 12 sheets graham crackers , broken apart into chunks
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans , chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 2 muffin tins with muffin liners.
- Add butter, brown sugar and salt to a medium saucepan on medium high and cook and stir for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and bubbling.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Combine the mixture with the graham crackers.
- Spoon into muffin liners and sprinkle the pecans over the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until fully cooled.