Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta from The Cheesecake Factory with asparagus, bell peppers and peas with honey glazed chicken in a spicy chipotle parmesan cream sauce.
Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta is sort of a sleeper hit at The Cheesecake Factory. A few months ago we went for dinner and I said to the waitress, “Okay so I’m going to ditch my totally tried and true Cheesecake Factory Corn Cakes and Cheesecake Factory’s Spicy Cashew Chicken for any dish that you think is totally amazing.”
She described this dish to me and I was totally confused. What do asparagus and peas have to do with spicy honey glazed chicken and chipotle parmesan cream sauce?
Leap of faith totally paid off. I can’t explain the combination but I can tell you it is totally delicious.
The sauce is a creamy mix of Parmesan and spicy adobo which is tempered by a pretty hearty serving of heavy cream. The just barely cooked asparagus and green peas make the dish still feel fresh and the just barely noticeable honey component takes the edge off those chili peppers. It works well people, really really well.
Looking for more Cheesecake Factory Recipes?
- Cheesecake Factory Luau Salad (Copycat)
- Cheesecake Factory’s Spicy Cashew Chicken (Copycat)
- Cheesecake Factory Louisiana Chicken Pasta (Copycat)
- Cheesecake Factory Corn Cakes (Copycat)
- Cheesecake Factory Cajun Jambalaya Pasta
Looking for more pasta recipes?
- Cheesy Taco Pasta
- Chicken Tequila Fettuccine (CPK Copycat)
- Philly Cheesesteak Hamburger Helper
- Easy Thai Green Curry Noodles
Tools used in the making of this Cheesecake Factory Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta:
Cast Iron Skillet: This is my most used pan in my kitchen, heavy, keeps heat well and gives the BEST sear ever.
Adobo Peppers in Sauce: I use just the sauce, if you want to kick up the heat even more use just one pepper instead and mash it into a paste before adding it to the sauce.
Chef’s Knife: This knife is one of the three most used tools in my kitchen (tongs and my pig tail flipper are the other two). I love it, I’ve had it for almost 10 years and it is as sharp today as the day I got it. (left column, second from the top). Mind you I love it this much even though I have a ridiculously expense knife set as well.
Cheesecake Factory Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American Fusion
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1" chunks
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chipotle pepper sauce from canned adobo peppers
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 pound fresh asparagus the thinner the better
- 6 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- cilantro and tortilla chip strips for garnish optional
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Set your water to boil for your pasta.
Add the asparagus to the pasta water and boil for 2-3 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Shock it with cold water through a colander.
- Add the pasta to a minute shy of the directions and drain into the same bowl as the asparagus but don’t rinse.
- In a bowl with your chicken add the lemon juice, salt and pepper and let sit as you cook the rest of the dish.
- In a large skillet add the butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add the bell peppers and onions and cook until just translucent.
- Add in the garlic and cook an extra minute.
- Remove the vegetables and add in the olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the pan and turn the heat up to medum-high.
- Brown the chicken on both sides.
Add in the honey and stir, cooking an additional 5 seconds.
- Add the bell pepper mixture back to the pan
- Stir well, then add in the adobo sauce, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.
Cook for 3-4 minutes then add in the pasta, asparagus and frozen green peas.
- Stir to coat everything and serve with any garnishes you’d like (Cheesecake Factory uses tortilla strip chips and cilantro).
Yield: 6 servings, Amount per serving: 906 calories, Calories: 906g, Carbohydrates: 83g, Protein: 34g, Fat: 49g, Saturated Fat: 26g, Cholesterol: 167mg, Sodium: 1773mg, Potassium: 736mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 18g, Vitamin A: 2970g, Vitamin C: 79.9g, Calcium: 422g, Iron: 3.8g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.