Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta from The Cheesecake Factory with asparagus, bell peppers and peas with honey glazed chicken in a spicy chipotle parmesan cream sauce.
Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta is sort of a sleeper hit at The Cheesecake Factory. A few months ago we went for dinner and I said to the waitress, “Okay so I’m going to ditch my totally tried and true Cheesecake Factory Corn Cakes and Cheesecake Factory’s Spicy Cashew Chicken for any dish that you think is totally amazing.”
She described this dish to me and I was totally confused. What do asparagus and peas have to do with spicy honey glazed chicken and chipotle parmesan cream sauce?
Leap of faith totally paid off. I can’t explain the combination but I can tell you it is totally delicious.
The sauce is a creamy mix of Parmesan and spicy adobo which is tempered by a pretty hearty serving of heavy cream. The just barely cooked asparagus and green peas make the dish still feel fresh and the just barely noticeable honey component takes the edge off those chili peppers. It works well people, really really well.
Looking for more Cheesecake Factory Recipes?
- Cheesecake Factory Luau Salad (Copycat)
- Cheesecake Factory’s Spicy Cashew Chicken (Copycat)
- Cheesecake Factory Louisiana Chicken Pasta (Copycat)
- Cheesecake Factory Corn Cakes (Copycat)
- Cheesecake Factory Cajun Jambalaya Pasta
Looking for more pasta recipes?
- Cheesy Taco Pasta
- Chicken Tequila Fettuccine (CPK Copycat)
- Philly Cheesesteak Hamburger Helper
- Easy Thai Green Curry Noodles
Tools used in the making of this Cheesecake Factory Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta:
Cast Iron Skillet: This is my most used pan in my kitchen, heavy, keeps heat well and gives the BEST sear ever.
Adobo Peppers in Sauce: I use just the sauce, if you want to kick up the heat even more use just one pepper instead and mash it into a paste before adding it to the sauce.
Chef’s Knife: This knife is one of the three most used tools in my kitchen (tongs and my pig tail flipper are the other two). I love it, I’ve had it for almost 10 years and it is as sharp today as the day I got it. (left column, second from the top). Mind you I love it this much even though I have a ridiculously expense knife set as well.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1" chunks
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chipotle pepper sauce from canned adobo peppers
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 pound fresh asparagus the thinner the better
- 6 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- cilantro and tortilla chip strips for garnish optional
- Set your water to boil for your pasta.
- Add the asparagus to the pasta water and boil for 2-3 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Shock it with cold water through a colander.
- Add the pasta to a minute shy of the directions and drain into the same bowl as the asparagus but don’t rinse.
- In a bowl with your chicken add the lemon juice, salt and pepper and let sit as you cook the rest of the dish.
- In a large skillet add the butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add the bell peppers and onions and cook until just translucent.
- Add in the garlic and cook an extra minute.
- Remove the vegetables and add in the olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the pan and turn the heat up to medum-high.
- Brown the chicken on both sides.
- Add in the honey and stir, cooking an additional 5 seconds.
- Add the bell pepper mixture back to the pan
- Stir well, then add in the adobo sauce, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes then add in the pasta, asparagus and frozen green peas.
- Stir to coat everything and serve with any garnishes you’d like (Cheesecake Factory uses tortilla strip chips and cilantro).
Hi Sabrina. I feel like I followed the recipe very closely, but my sauce is very watery. Could you tell me what I could do differently to make it thicker and coat the pasta better next time? This has great flavor and I really love it.
That’s a tough one without seeing how you created the dish. Did you use heavy whipping cream and fresh grated parmesan by any chance? The sauce is not thick, it’s rich and coats all the ingredients with the adobe chile flavors. I’m sorry you were disappointed.
Was delicious. Easy to put together
This was really good. The whole family liked it!
This is delicious. I have made it multiple times and we love it. I am not quick so this one always takes me awhile but very good.
Made this for dinner and everyone loved it! Adding to my recipe book, thank you!
This was delicious! Followed the almost recipe exactly. Only added almost a full can of adobe sauce plus some of the diced chilies because we like it spicy and it was perfect! My boyfriend can eat a lot and this made a full dinner plus extras! Added to my favorite make again recipes thank you! Reviewer tip: Definitely make!
Probably my favorite for special company !
Can this be fixed a day before? And does it need the asparagus and peas? Flavor wise?
Very yummy! Added extra chipotle sauce! Extra Parmesan!
I made this tonight and it turned out great, my husband had three helpings he liked it so much!
I’ve made this recipe so many times I’ve lost count. I had to sign up to make a dish for a work pot luck and decided to make a double batch to bring to impress my coworkers. Can’t wait to hear what they think. So far everyone I’ve made it for has loved it and begged for more. My girlfriend doesn’t want to let me leave the house with it tomorrow for work! ? it tastes just like the Cheesecake Factory, if not better. I make mine by the book normally except I leave out the peas because I’m just not a fan of peas. Thanks for taking the time to make the copy cat recipe for us to follow!
I loved this recipe
It seemed to make alot
Do you think it would actually feed 8 ?
I absolutely love this meal. Made it several times…..
This is not an American recipe this is a MEXICAN recipe. That is all.
Agree to disagree… I have never seen pasta as part of Mexican cuisine. But to each, their own. Thank you to the author of this recipe. It is delicious and we have made it several times!
Haven’t this yet but can this have to served hot or can it be served room temp/ cold as a pasta salad?
I haven’t eaten it cold but do whatever works for you!
Can I freeze this?
Soooo delicious!! I don’t usually leave a comment but this was amazingly flavorful. I followed the recipe exactly other than adding 1 diced chipotle pepper to add a little heat. My husband thought this was fantastic. I will definitely make this again! Thank you for a wonderful recipe!
It’s good pasta but wasn’t spicy at all like the Cheesecake Factory one
Good but not like the Cheesecake Factory’s dish
I absolutely love this recipe! I have made it many times and it tastes as good as the real thing. It’s delicious and easy to make.
Sometimes I add more chipotle if I’m craving more of a spicy kick or sometimes I add more garlic because “why not?”.
Side note: it pairs well with a nice glass of Chardonnay 🙂
Great recipe and easy to make !
This was a Hit! I’ve been making this on and off for the past two years and it always came out perfect!
I added 4 cans of the adobo sauce, no peppers (I know it sounds like a lot) because I love the Smokey flavor and the underlying spice.
Another thing I did over time to ensure my sauce stays smooth is slowly adding and stirring in Parmesan cheese.
Literally so delicious I make it once a week my whole family loves it including my almost 2 year old! Easy recipe, so worth it!
When I made this it looked nothing like the picture??? My sauce was not yellow/orange and the sauce was very runny. I used the two tablespoons of adobe sauce but the dish barely had any spice. What did I do wrong?
Was sooo good! My HS senior made this for his final project in his cooking class.
Absolutely delicious. I made it exactly as the recipe described which is rare. But turned out amazing. Perfect blend of spicy and sweet and the cream tempers the peppers. Definitely putting this on my repeat make list.
Can I freeze this?
I tried the recipe this week, and my boyfriend said, “I think this is the best thing you’ve ever made.” It was delicious – definitely adding to the rotation.
This is so nice! Thanks to you both! 🙂
Thank you Kaz!!! Keep enjoying!
Show More Comments