Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler is the perfect combination of buttery dough, sweet and tart berries, and a rich cream cheese topping. Ready in 1 hour!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler can double as a delicious fruit Dessert Recipe or as Breakfast for a special occasion. It’s similar to our classic Strawberry Cobbler recipe, but with the added texture and flavor of a sweetened cream cheese topping.
STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE COBBLER
The fresh strawberries in this recipe make it the perfect Summertime cobbler. It uses in-season fruit to make a simple cobbler recipe that’s bursting with flavor. Then the cream cheese adds an unexpected creamy element to make the dish even more delicious and unique. The pockets of cream cheese are distributed over the Cream Cheese Cobbler recipe so every few bites you’ll get a creamy spoonful of it.
Lately, I’ve been experimenting a lot with new ideas for cobbler recipes. It’s just such an easy concept that you can add a variety of flavors to. Whether it’s a fruit cobbler like this one or an Oreo Cobbler, it’s hard to go wrong with the dough base and sweet gooey topping. These family-friendly recipes have made huge cobbler fans out of everybody in our house.
To make this Cream Cheese Cobbler recipe into an even more indulgent dessert top it off with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream. You can also mix heavy whipping cream into a Cool Whip to put over the ice cream. It’s the ultimate sweet, creamy, and buttery treat!
MORE COBBLER RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE COBBLER
- Prep time: Preheat your oven, and prep a 9×13 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray so that the dough doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Dough: Put the stick butter on a microwave-safe dish and melt butter at 50 percent power. Pour the butter over the baking dish. Whisk together the milk, flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Pour the batter in a single layer over the butter.
- Strawberries: Slice the tops off of your 4 cups strawberries, then cut them in half. Place the strawberry halves over the pastry dough.
- Cream cheese mixture: Take a package cream cheese from the fridge. Unwrap the 8-ounce package cream cheese and microwave it until it’s warm. Mix the cream cheese with one egg, brown sugar, and a teaspoon vanilla extract. Then spoon cream cheese pieces over the cobbler. You want to distribute them evenly over the Strawberry Cobbler in small clumps.
- Bake: Put the dish in your preheated oven and bake until bubbly and golden brown, about 40-45 minutes.
VARIATIONS ON STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE COBBLER
- Berries: You can use different kinds of berries in this cobbler recipe. Try making a raspberry, cranberry, blackberry, or blueberry cream cheese cobbler. You could also use a combination to make a mixed berry cobbler.
- Flour: Try experimenting with the original recipe by using whole wheat flour in place of all-purpose flour. Or, if you want some added nutrients from the wheat flour but still prefer the taste of white flour dough, you can do both. Combine 1 cup all-purpose flour with 1 cup wheat flour in the dry ingredients.
- Lemon Berry: To make Lemon Berry pastries, add some fresh lemon juice to the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler. Just mix a tablespoon of lemon juice into the pastry dough.
- Crumb topping: To make a streusel topping combine 2 tablespoons cold butter, 1/4 cup flour, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon with a pastry cutter. Once the ingredients are mixed into coarse crumbs, sprinkle them over the top of the cobbler.
MORE STRAWBERRY DESSERTS
HOW TO STORE STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE COBBLER
- Serve: Because of the cream cheese, you shouldn’t leave this recipe at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: You can wrap Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler in plastic wrap to store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: Once the cobbler cools, seal and freeze it for up to 3 months. To reheat the cobbler let it thaw in the fridge then put it in a 350-degree oven for about 20 minutes until warmed through and bubbly.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cobbler
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Course: Breakfast and Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh strawberry , halved
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with baking spray.
- Add melted butter to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Whisk together milk, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl
- Pour over the butter in the baking dish.
- Add the strawberry halves to the baking dish.
- Microwave the cream cheese until warm then stir the egg, brown sugar, and vanilla into it.
- Spoon the cream cheese over the mixture in small pockets.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 12 Servings, Amount per serving: 358 calories, Calories: 358g, Carbohydrates: 59g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 48mg, Sodium: 376mg, Potassium: 342mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 41g, Vitamin A: 446g, Vitamin C: 28g, Calcium: 152g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.