Easy Chocolate Oreo Cobbler is a warm, fudgy, cookies and cream dessert. Gooey Oreo filled chocolate pudding cake made from scratch with no instant pudding!
This delicious new Cake Recipe is a Chocolate Lava Cake to feed a crowd with an extra fudgy, pudding filling and loaded with Oreos. This chocolatey dessert will be a hit at any cookout or potluck!
CHOCOLATE OREO COBBLER
If you’ve never had a Chocolate Cobbler before, after one bite you’ll be wondering where this dessert has been all your life. A warm brownie-like topping hides a rich and gooey fudge pudding filling, begging for a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream. Now add a bunch of Oreos and you have the ultimate party dessert.
This tasty Chocolate Oreo Cobbler is made from scratch with no cake mix or instant pudding. This homemade cake batter is just as easy as a boxed mix chocolate pudding cake, ready for the oven in just 10 minutes. Plus since you are using pantry ingredients you have on hand, you can splurge on the real Oreos!
Chocolate Oreo Cobbler is unlike most cakes or cobblers you’ve ever made. There are 3 main steps layered instead of mixed, that come together for a gooey, chocolate filling and firm, yet chewy chocolate topping. It’s very important to not mix the layers, so be sure to spoon your batter and pour the hot water slowly.
Like most cakes, you don’t want to over-mix the dry and wet ingredients together in a Chocolate Oreo Cobbler. Over-mixing cake batter will make it denser and chewier, and your filling will be too thick in this cobbler. To make mixing easier, sift the dry ingredients before adding to remove any clumps.
This Chocolate Oreo Cobbler is an easy, cheap dessert for a crowd! Top a cooled Oreo Cobbler with Whipped Cream or Cool Whip sprinkled with crushed Oreos for a party dessert. For a weeknight dessert, Chocolate Oreo Cobbler is perfect with ice cream, either vanilla or go for Chocolate Ice Cream for a full chocolate craving fix.
MORE DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES:
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE OREO COBBLER
- Vanilla: To make a Cookies and Cream Cobbler leave out the unsweetened cocoa powder, use 1 ½ cup flour, and 1 cup granulated sugar in the cake batter.
- Oreos: You can use any flavor Oreos in Chocolate Oreos. For the holidays, try peppermint Oreos or use Golden Oreos in the vanilla variation above.
- Chocolate Chips: Make this more chocolatey with chocolate chips in the batter and sprinkled on top with the brown sugar. Use up to a ½ cup dark chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips!
- Nuts: Sprinkle chopped pecans, peanuts, walnuts, or slivered almonds over the butter layer before adding the chocolate cake batter.
- S’mores: Combine this Chocolate Oreo Cobbler with another summer favorite, s’mores! Fold in ½ cup milk chocolate chips with the cake batter and Oreos. Bake cobbler for 25-30 minutes, top with crushed graham crackers (not crumbs) and mini marshmallows. Bake an additional 6-8 minutes, until topping is golden brown.
Cake Mix Chocolate Oreo Cobbler
- You will need: 1 box fudge cake mix, 1 box vanilla instant pudding, 2 ½ cup milk, ½ cup cold butter (sliced), and Oreos.
- Grease baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk milk with pudding mix for 3-5 minutes, until dissolved and starting to set. Pour into bottom of baking dish.
- Top pudding with Oreo pieces and cover with dry cake mix.
- Evenly place sliced butter over cake mix.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until topping is set.
MORE DELICIOUS OREO RECIPES
HOW TO SERVE CHOCOLATE OREO COBBLER
- Serve: You can keep Chocolate Oreo Cobbler at room temperature for up to 2 days, stored covered in a cool, dry place.
- Store: Refrigerate Chocolate Oreo Cobbler, covered tightly with aluminum foil or plastic, for up to 1 week. To reheat, warm in the microwave 30 seconds at a time.
- Freeze: Cool Chocolate Oreo Cobbler completely and wrap with plastic wrap and foil. Freeze for up to 1 month, thawing in the refrigerator overnight before reheating. Note that the filling will not be as gooey when reheated.
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder , divided
- 16 Oreos , crushed
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar , packed
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread melted butter over a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk, vanilla and sugar until mostly dissolved.
- Add in the flour, ¼ cup cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and Oreos, then whisk until just combined and no dry streaks remain.
- Spoon batter over the butter careful to not mix the butter in.
- Mix remaining ¼ cup cocoa powder with brown sugar and sprinkle over batter.
- Gently pour the water over the batter and sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is dry.
This is really good!! My kids couldn’t stop eating this!
Fantastic! I’m so glad you all enjoyed it.
Yum! This was so delicious! Everyone loved it!
Glad to know it was such a hit, Beth. Thanks for coming back to let me know.