Strawberry Shortcake Loaf is an easy, melt in your mouth vanilla pound cake loaded with fresh strawberries. Serve with whipped cream and more strawberries!
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE LOAF
A tender, easy Vanilla Pound Cake gets a summer makeover with loads of fresh strawberries in this tasty recipe. Delicious on its own or piled high with Whipped Cream and more fresh strawberries as a decadent strawberry shortcake, this summer dessert is sure to be a new favorite!
This Strawberry Pound Cake is a one bowl recipe made with common pantry items you are sure to have on hand. Add in a pint of sliced strawberries and you get a melt-in-your-mouth, perfectly sweet, fruity cake that you can enjoy all summer long.
Strawberry Shortcake Pound Cake is a great recipe to add in other flavors you like and make your own with what you have on hand. Throw in some lemon zest and lemon juice, fold in white chocolate chips, or mix up seasonal fresh berries and fruit for a whole new dessert that’s just as tasty.
Layer slices of Strawberry Shortcake Loaf with Strawberry Topping and Homemade Cool Whip for fancy strawberry shortcakes. Serve warm with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream for an easy summer dessert. For breakfast, try a slice of Strawberry Pound Cake with greek yogurt or melted butter.
MORE EASY STRAWBERRY DESSERT RECIPES
Tips for Making Strawberry Shortcake Loaf
- Dry sliced strawberries with a paper towel so they don’t release juice while baking. You can use frozen strawberries that have been thawed, drained, and dried off well.
- Puree the strawberries before adding to the cake batter to make a smooth pound cake with strawberry flavor. You could use the puree to make a swirl in place of sliced strawberries too!
- For a lighter pound cake, use 2 cups plus 2 teaspoons cake flour instead of the all-purpose flour and baking powder. Spoon cake flour into measuring cups and level to get accurate amount.
- Sift dry ingredients in a separate large bowl before adding to the butter-egg mixture. Sifting beforehand removes clumps so you are less likely to over-mix the cake batter.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE LOAF
- Berries: You can replace the strawberries with other berries like raspberries or blueberries, or do a mixed fruit pound cake. Try other fruit with strawberries like apples, peaches (patted dry), or bananas too!
- Lemon: Lemon Strawberry Pound Cake is a classic flavor combo! Add 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice and lemon zest from 2 lemons to the wet ingredients.
- Milk: Using buttermilk, sour cream, or full fat greek yogurt instead of whole milk will add moisture and bit of melt-in-your-mouth tang to this Strawberry Shortcake Loaf recipe.
- Jello: Use a 3 ounce package of instant strawberry jello for more strawberry flavor and extra moisture in this pound cake recipe. Add with the other dry ingredients.
- Cake Pans: Bake the cake batter in a well greased bundt pan for 60-65 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. For a party sized cake, bake in a sheet pan for 35-40 minutes. Cupcakes will take 18-22 minutes in a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Healthier: Make a lighter Strawberry Pound Cake Loaf by replacing 1 egg (use 3 eggs) and 1 cup butter with 1 cup greek yogurt and ½ cup vegetable oil. You can also use vanilla greek yogurt from more flavor!
- Strawberry Glaze: Combine 2 cups powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons fresh strawberry puree (or 1 teaspoon strawberry extract) and add 1-2 tablespoons milk or lemon juice to get desired consistency.
MORE EASY SUMMER DESSERTS
HOW TO STORE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE LOAF
- Serve: You can keep Strawberry Shortcake Loaf at room temperature for 2-3 days, covered in plastic wrap in a cool, dry place.
- Store: Store Strawberry Shortcake Loaf in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature to serve.
- Freeze: Wrap individual slices or full Strawberry Shortcake Loaf tightly first in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 3 months and thaw at room temperature to eat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and flour and butter an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- To a stand mixer add the butter and sugar on high speed and beat until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- On medium speed add in the vanilla and the eggs one at a time, then the milk until fully combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Gently fold in the strawberries then pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with sanding sugar and bake for 60 minutes.