Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is a tender, sweet breakfast treat with cream cheese and strawberry filling topped off with a streusel topping.
A rich classic Coffee Cake like Sour Cream Coffee Cake is an indulgent breakfast perfect for the holidays or a fancy brunch. This Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake is a delicious take on the classic recipe with a berry and cream cheese filling.
Delicious coffee cake is the perfect excuse to eat cake for breakfast. Honestly, what could be better than starting off your morning with a mug of freshly brewed coffee and a slice of buttery, tender cake? In fact, that’s how this classic cake got its name — because the sweet flavors pair so perfectly with a cup of coffee.
This recipe might just become your favorite coffee cake ever. Not only does it have the classic sweet and buttery cake base, but it has a cream cheese layer similar to a creamy cheesecake filling. Cream Cheese Coffee Cakes have a little bit of tangy flavor that goes perfectly with the soft cake and brown sugar crumb topping.
Along with the creamy smooth filling this coffee cake is made with fresh strawberries for the perfect berries & cream flavor. If you’ve ever had Strawberry Shortcake, then you know that strawberries and cream are a match made in heaven. This amazing cake gives you a way to bring the summery favorite to your breakfast table.
Strawberries and Cream Coffee Cake is perfect for a weekend brunch or as a summer dessert. This sweet breakfast cake is delicious on it’s own but you can always add your favorite toppings like Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream for an extra indulgent treat. Even a simple drizzle of melted white chocolate or Salted Caramel Sauce will take it to the next level!
More Delicious Breakfast Cake Recipes
- Prep time: Start the recipe by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Then spray a 9-inch spring-form pan with baking spray. The spring-form is perfect because you don’t have to worry about the cake breaking when you try to get it out of the pan. You also want to take the cream cheese out of the fridge a while before starting the recipe to make the cream cheese room temperature.
- Streusel topping: To make the crumb topping, start by adding the brown sugar, all-purpose flour, and cinnamon to a medium bowl. Add in the cold butter. Use a pastry cutter or cut the butter with a fork until the mixture is formed into coarse crumbs. Then set it to the side.
- Cream cheese mixture: Add the softened cream cheese, white sugar, egg, and vanilla extract to a separate bowl. Whisk the mixture quickly until smooth.
- Cake batter: Add softened butter and sugar to your stand mixer. Beat the two ingredients together until light and fluffy. Next add the egg, vanilla extract, and orange zest. Sift together the flour mixture in a separate bowl. Alternate between adding milk and dry ingredients to the batter. Keep the mixer at low speed as you’re adding. Mix until just combined being careful not to overmix.
- Assemble: Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan. Add half of the cream cheese in chunks, coated in cornstarch. Then add half of the strawberry slices. Pour the remaining batter on top followed by the strawberries and cream cheese mixture. Finish it off with the crumb mixture.
- Baking time: Bake for 50-55 minutes until the cake has set. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving individual slices.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake: The great thing about this recipe, is that you can exchange the strawberries for different kinds of fruits for a whole new twist on the flavor. Try mixing raspberries into the cake recipe for an equally delicious breakfast.
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake: Another option is using sweet and tart blueberries as your fruit of choice. Toss the blueberries in a coating of flour and lemon juice before adding them to the cake. You can also use a blend of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries for a mixed berry coffee cake.
- Sweet Vanilla Glaze: Try making a melty glaze to drizzle over the top of the delicious cinnamon streusel topping right before you serve the coffee cake. For an easy vanilla glaze, combine 1 ½ cups powdered sugar, 2 ½ teaspoons milk, 1 pinch salt, ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoon melted butter. Whisk the ingredients together until creamy. If it’s too thick add in a little extra milk to get the right consistency before you pour it over the cake.
More Strawberry Breakfast Recipes
How to Store
- Serve: After baking, don’t leave the Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: Let it cool down before you cover the cake with aluminum foil or wrap the coffee cake in plastic wrap to store in the fridge. It’ll stay good for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Freeze: To freeze the cake, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap then put it in a sealed freezer bag. This cake will stay good for 2-3 months and you can thaw it overnight in the refrigerator or at room temperature for 1 hour.
Brown Sugar Crumble Topping:
- 1 cup brown sugar , packed
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , cold and cut into cubes
- 8 ounces cream cheese , diced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat springform pan with baking spray.
- Make the streusel topping with brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter until it looks like crumbles then set the topping aside.
- To make a cream cheese layer whisk the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract together until smooth
- To your stand mixer add the butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add in the egg, vanilla extract, and orange zest.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add in dry ingredients and milk in batches, alternating them until just combined.
- Add half the batter to the springform pan.
- Coat your cream cheese chunks in 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- Add half the cream cheese to the batter.
- Add half the strawberries to the batter, sprinkling them over the batter.
- Add the rest of the batter then top with the rest of the strawberries and the rest of the cream cheese.
- Add the brown sugar crumble and bake for 50-55 minutes until the cake is set.