Trail Mix Blondies are easy, sweet, shareable dessert bars with favorite snacks, like M&Ms, chocolate chips, raisins, pretzels, and peanuts mixed in.
Blondies are a classic Bar Recipe. They’re similar to Brownies, but instead of chocolate flavor from cocoa powder, they have vanilla. The simple, buttery, vanilla base makes it perfect for delicious mix-ins just like in this trail mix version.
TRAIL MIX BLONDIES
Trail Mix Blondies are the perfect dessert or quick snack. They’re easy to slice into squares and keep in the fridge for an on-the-go treat throughout the week. I especially love making these Trail Mix Bars and wrapping them up to pack in school lunches. They’re always a huge hit with my kids!
Trail Mix Blondies are like the dessert version of a classic trail mix or Granola Bar. They have the same salty and sweet ingredients like peanuts, pretzels, raisins, m&ms, and chocolate chips. The combination of flavors and textures goes perfectly with the buttery vanilla base. It’s the perfect way to make classic blondies more interesting!
You can enjoy delicious Trail Mix Bars any time of year, but they’re especially great to make during the summer. That’s the time of year most people are eating snack mixes and it’s a fun way to change up a classic snack. The protein in the peanuts also makes them a great treat to give your family lots of energy for whatever outdoor activities you’re up to.
TIPS FOR MAKING TRAIL MIX BLONDIES
- Prep time: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray your baking pan with nonstick cooking spray before starting the recipe. You can also take the butter from the fridge ahead of time to give it some time to soften.
- Wet ingredients: Add the butter and brown sugar to your stand mixer. Use the paddle attachment to cream the mixutre together until it’s light and fluffy. This will take about 1 minute. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and continue mixing until creamy. If you don’t have a stand mixer add the ingredients to a mixing bowl and whip them together by hand.
- Dry ingredients: Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the mixture. Stir until just combined, but be careful not to overmix. Stir in the chocolate chips, m&ms, pretzels, raisins, and peanuts to finish the batter.
- Bake: Pour the blondie batter into your prepared baking pan and use an offset spatula to spread it out evenly. Bake for 30 minutes until it’s a light golden brown color. To make sure the Trail Mix Blondies are done stick a toothpick or butter knife in the center of the pan. If it comes out with moist crumbs instead of batter, then the blondies are done baking. Take them from the oven and let them cool before you slice them into squares.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON TRAIL MIX BLONDIES
- Mix-ins: There are lots of different ingredients you can try adding to this recipe. Mix in any of your favorite treats that you’d use in snack mix. Pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pecans, coconut flakes, or dried cranberries would all taste great. You can also change up the chocolate chips in the recipe with white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips.
- Flour: For a healthier take on blondies, you can use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
- Sweeteners: You can also try different kinds of sweeteners. Instead of brown sugar maple syrup, molasses, or coconut sugar could all make good replacements.
BROWNIE AND BAR RECIPES
HOW TO STORE TRAIL MIX BLONDIES
- Serve: Let the Trail Mix Blondies cool to room temperature before you slice them into squares. Once they’re cooled, you can cover them in plastic wrap or transfer them to an airtight container to store at room temperature for 1 week.
- Store: You could also refrigerate the Trail Mix Bars for up to 2 weeks.
- Freeze: To keep the blondies for up to 4 months, keep them sealed in the freezer. Put them in a freezer bag or another airtight container with the layers separated by parchment paper so that they don’t stick together.
- 6 tablespoons butter , softened
- 1 cup brown sugar , packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup M&Ms
- 1/2 cup pretzels , broken
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x10 baking dish with baking spray.
- To your stand mixer add the butter and brown sugar and cream on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, M&Ms, pretzels, raisins, and peanuts.
- Pour into a baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing.