Chocolate Chip Blondies are the ultimate buttery, chewy, sweet treat! Made with brown sugar, melty chocolate chips, vanilla, and butter.
Delicious Blondies come out light brown, buttery, and perfectly chewy. The simple base and chocolate chips melt in your mouth with every bite! They’re the perfect sweet treat to bring to a party and enjoy with friends. Just cut the pan into squares and put it out for everyone to serve themselves for a hassle-free dessert. Depending on how many people you’re serving, you may want to double up the recipe because these blond brownies go fast!
This Blondie recipe is one you’ll find yourself making again and again. The ingredients are all pantry staples, so you don’t have to run out to the store to buy anything fancy. Just combine the simple ingredients into an easy batter and bake for 30 minutes. It’s the perfect dessert if you need to bake something at the last minute.
BLONDIES A LA MODE
For an extra-special dessert, you can serve a warm Chocolate Chip Blondie with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream over the top. Then add your favorite toppings like Fudge Sauce, sprinkles, or Caramel Sauce. It’s an indulgent dessert and a fun twist on brownies ala mode.
MORE BROWNIES AND BLONDIES
TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE CHIP BLONDIES
- Prep time: To start the Blondie recipe, preheat the oven and coat your 8×10 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. If you don’t have cooking spray grease it lightly with butter.
- Wet ingredients: Add the butter and brown sugar to your stand mixer. Set the mixer to medium speed and cream for 1 minute until the butter is nice and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the sugar mixture. Turn on the mixer again until it’s combined and creamy.
- Dry ingredients: Add the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt to the other ingredients. Cover the mixing bowl with a kitchen towel and turn it on low speed so that the flour mixture doesn’t get everywhere. Mix until just combined. Be careful not to overmix. Then stir in the chocolate chips to finish the blondie batter.
- Baking time: Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan. Use a rubber spatula to get all the batter out and spread it evenly over the pan. Bake for 30 minutes until it’s golden brown with slightly crisp edges. Use a toothpick to make sure it’s cooked through the center. Let them cool down before you slice them into squares.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE CHIP BLONDIES
- Chocolate chips: You can try out different kinds of chocolate in the recipe instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Try out using milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate chips. You can also exchange chocolate chips for larger chocolate chunks. Or, change up the flavor more using butterscotch chips, toffee, or peanut butter chips.
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Blondies: For some extra crunch mix in chopped pecans at the same time you add the chocolate chips. You could also try other nuts like walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts, or peanuts.
- Oatmeal Blondies: To add in some extra chewy texture and fiber to the Chocolate Chip Blondies mix 1 cup of old-fashioned oats into the batter.
- Add-ins: For more mix-ins try broken pretzels, shredded coconut, raisins, or M&Ms. You can also add a little salt over the top using sea salt or large-grained kosher salt.
MORE BAR RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CHOCOLATE CHIP BLONDIES
- Serve: Let the Chocolate Chip Blondies cool before you slice them into squares and serve. They’ll stay good covered at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- Store: To keep the blondie recipe longer, cover the pan in aluminum foil, or transfer the blondies to an airtight container to store in the fridge. they’ll stay good for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: You can also seal and freeze the blondies. They’ll stay good frozen for 3 months. Let them thaw in the fridge, and eat them cold or reheat them in the oven.
- 6 tablespoons butter , softened
- 1 cup brown sugar , packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×10 baking dish with baking spray.
- To your stand mixer add the butter and brown sugar and cream on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing.