Iced Strawberry Brownies are the ultimate Valentine’s treat. Easily made with strawberry cake mix, buttermilk, and a sweet, pink glaze.
ICED STRAWBERRY BROWNIES
These adorable, Iced Strawberry Brownies are the perfect pink treat with the delicate taste of strawberries throughout. You can put them out on a dessert tray, send them in packed lunches on Valentine’s day or enjoy them as a midnight snack with a dollop of Whipped Cream. There’s seriously no time of day these Cake Mix Brownies won’t hit the spot!
On top of being adorable, chewy, and delicious Strawberry Cake Mix Brownies are incredibly easy to make. Making baked goods with cake mix is an easy way to get delicious flavor with minimal work. We’ve tried Cake Mix Cookies, Cake Mix Banana Bread, and now you can make these adorable Strawberry Brownies also!
While you can simply cut the brownies into squares with a butter knife, if you want to make them into the ultimate Valentine’s treat, try using a cookie cutter. Carefully remove the brownies from the baking pan and use a large heart shaped cookie cutter to make cute heart shaped brownies that are as adorable as they are delicious.
MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING ICED STRAWBERRY BROWNIES
- Prep time: Preheat your oven and prepare your square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. If you don’t have cooking spray, you can use parchment paper or wax paper cut to size to prepare the baking dish.
- Batter: Whisk together the cake mix, eggs, oil, and buttermilk in a large bowl. You can use a standard whisk or a hand mixer set to medium speed with a paddle attachment. You could also combine the brownie batter in a stand mixer, instead of a mixing bowl, if desired. Mix the strawberry cake mix batter together then spread it into the prepared cake pan.
- Strawberry Brownies from scratch: Instead of making cake mix brownies, you can make the base recipe from scratch.
- Bake time: Bake the brownies for 20 minutes. You can use a toothpick to test if they’re done before taking them out to cool.
- Icing: Mix together the powdered sugar, milk, and food coloring in a medium bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds, then pour it over the brownies. Tilt the brownie dish to evenly coat them in the glaze. Then let the icing set before cutting squares and serving.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON ICED STRAWBERRY BROWNIES
- Strawberries: Once the Brownies have cooled slice some Fresh Strawberries. Arrange the sliced strawberries on the top of the Pink Brownies for an adorable, flavorful addition.
- Gluten-free: Most cake mixes are made with all-purpose flour, so if you want gluten-free brownies, you’ll have to purchase gluten-free strawberry cake mix or make your own brownie base.
- Oil: If you don’t want to use vegetable oil in the recipe you can use melted butter or coconut oil in equal amounts.
- Buttercream Frosting: Instead of the icing, you can make an easy Buttercream Frosting. The only ingredients you need are vanilla extract, heavy cream, powdered sugar, and butter. For a creamy pink buttercream mix in a little red food coloring. You can also mix in some strawberry extract for homemade strawberry buttercream.
- Add-ins: Try mixing in some chocolate chips for melty chocolate throughout your Strawberry Brownies. You can use semisweet, milk, white, or dark chocolate. You should also mix in fresh berries, or sprinkle large grain granulated sugar over the brownies.
- Chocolate Cake Mix: For a chocolate strawberry combination cut the brownie recipe in half. Prepare one half, as usual, using strawberry cake mix and the other half using chocolate cake mix. You can layer the strawberry over the chocolate in the brownie pan for one pink and one chocolate layer.
MORE STRAWBERRY TREATS
HOW TO STORE ICED STRAWBERRY BROWNIES
- Serve: Strawberry Brownies can keep well at room temperature for 3-4 days. Cover them tightly and store them in the pantry.
- Store: After the brownies have cooled to room temperature, you can also store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 week.
- Freeze: Properly stored in an airtight container, Iced Strawberry Brownies can stay good frozen for as long as 6 months.
- 15 ounce boxed strawberry cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 4 drops red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with baking spray.
- Whisk together cake mix, eggs, oil, and buttermilk.
- Spread evenly in baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and food coloring, then microwave for 20 seconds to loosen.
- Pour icing over the cooled brownies and tilt to cover the brownies evenly.
- Let cool to harden icing.