Apple Brownie Bars are chewy brown sugar blondies made with fresh apple pieces, spices, and pecans. A perfect sweet and easy fall treat bar!
This Apple Brownie Bar recipe takes the cake as one of the simplest and yet tasty recipes to add to your fall favorites. A brown sugar based blondie batter is infused with warm notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla then loaded with sweet, tender apple. This little sweet apple bar will have you wanting to curl up by the fire with a glass of Hot Chocolate and a good book.
With all the flavors of a traditional apple pie (but better!), Apple Brownie Bars are the perfect treat for on-the-go or to wow at a holiday party. A total crowd-pleaser, these Apple Blondies are truly the perfect fall dessert or as an edible gift for loved ones. They are so easy to make, you can whip them up whenever you are craving chewy, buttery, apple goodness.
Apple Brownie Bars can be made with your favorite apples or you can try them with other fruit like cherries or strawberries. There’s no cocoa in these brownie bars, but chocolate lovers can drizzle Chocolate Ganache when they are done baking. Top warm Apple Brownie Bars with creamy Vanilla Ice Cream, a swirl of Salted Caramel Sauce, and more pecans for a delicious variation of an Apple Pie Sundae.
More Tasty Apple Desserts
How to Make
- Prep: Before you begin your blondie batter, make sure to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Batter: In a large sized bowl, whisk together eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, butter and chopped fresh apples. In a second, medium bowl sift together flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Do not overmix, or your bars will come out dry.
- Bake: Pour blondie batter evenly into your prepared baking dish, generously sprinkle with chopped pecans. Pop into the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow blondies to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Fruit: This recipe can easily be adapted to your favorite fruit. Try a variation of sweet and tart apples, or switch out your fresh apples for drained canned pineapple, peaches, fresh chopped pears, or a variety of berries. For a pop of flavor, you can also add dried fruit into the existing recipe, like raisins or cranberries.
- Toppings: These bars are so versatile you can easily add toppings to meet any craving. Try shredded coconut, toffee bits, Salted Caramel Sauce, or a different variation of nuts.
- Sliced: Instead of chopping the apples and mixing them in, try thinly slicing them and after pouring your mixed batter into the prepared dish, create a layer of apples sinking into the blondie batter.
More Delicious Brownie and Bar Recipes
How to Store
- Serve: Allow the Apple Brownies to cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing into even squares. Wipe the knife between cuts if the crumbs are sticking to keep the edges neat.
- Store: Store Apple Brownie Bars in an airtight container for up to 4 days at room temperature and up to a week in the refrigerator. Line the container with some paper towels absorb moisture and keep the bars fresh.
- Freeze: These bars can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before enjoying. To keep the bars from sticking in the freezer, separate each bar with a piece of parchment paper.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 2 fuji apples , peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans , optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 baking pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, butter and apples.
- In a second bowl sift together flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ones until just combined.
- Pour into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.