White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are a favorite bakery treat! Buttery cookie recipe with bursts of sweet creamy white chocolate and crunchy macadamias.
WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES
These White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are the definition of decadent and rich treats. From the tender, chewy centers to the sweet, creamy pops of white chocolate chunks and buttery tropical nuts, every bite will feels like a splurge. These fancy bakery style cookies are the ultimate cookie for special occasions and holiday cookie exchanges!
The cookie dough for White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies is similar to Chocolate Chip Cookies, but with about half as much white sugar. Keeping the butter and brown sugar the same, while reducing the granulated sugar, makes the cookie centers soft, chewy and melt-in-your-mouth delicious, even days later.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are great for holiday baking. You can easily double the batch, freeze the dough for later, or make mini cookies to spread out in lots of gift baskets. For bite-sized cookies, reduce the baking time to 6-8 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
Tips for White Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies
- To keep dough from spreading when baking, keep the cookie dough chilled as possible. Work quickly and bake cookies as soon as you make the dough, or chill dough in a bowl covered in plastic wrap until you are ready to bake.
- To prevent flat, super chewy cookies, use fresh baking soda. Leavening ingredients like baking powder and baking soda go stale after about 6 months opened, or 2 years unopened.
- When you cookies are going stale, don’t throw them away – sprinkle crushed cookie pieces on Vanilla Ice Cream!
MORE HOLIDAY COOKIE CLASSICS:
Freezing White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookie Dough
Store White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie dough for later, freezing up to 6 months, for whenever you get a craving for these delicious cookies. Prepare cookie dough as usual and roll into balls. Place cookie dough balls on cookie sheets with parchment paper. Freeze for 2 hours and then transfer to a freezer safe plastic bag. When you want to bake, pop frozen dough balls onto baking sheets and bake for 12-13 minutes.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES
- Dried Berries: For a holiday flavored cookie, add dried cranberries or cherries instead of the macadamia nuts, or load up the cookies with berries, nuts, and chocolate chips!
- Pineapple: For the ultimate tropical flavors in these White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies, add freeze dried pineapple pieces or shredded coconut to the cookie dough.
- Crunchy Coating: Instead of adding the macadamia nuts to the cookie dough, finely chop them and set aside. Prepare cookie dough with white chocolate chips and roll cookie dough balls in chopped nuts before baking.
- Chocolate Chips: Swap out white chocolate chunks with white baking chips, white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or any other baking chips. You can also use half white chocolate chips and half a different type of baking chips (like peppermint baking chips) during the holidays.
- Nuts: These White Chocolate Chip Cookies would taste good with any chopped nuts you have on hand. Try them with pistachios, almonds, hazelnuts, or walnuts! Roast almonds, walnuts, or pecans before using for more flavor.
MORE DELICIOUS COOKIE CLASSICS:
HOW TO STORE WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA NUT COOKIES
- Serve: Keep White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies in a container or plastic bag at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- Store: Cool White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies before storing in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks in an airtight container.
- Freeze: Freeze White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies on a baking sheet covered with plastic wrap for 1-2 hours. Transfer frozen cookies to freezer safe plastic bag and freeze for up to 4 months. Enjoy frozen or thaw at room temperature.
- 1 cup butter , softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup macadamia nuts , coarsely chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate , coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until lightened and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt into the creamed mixture and turn onto low until just combined.
- Mix in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate with a spatula.
- In 1 tablespoon scoops add the dough to the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.