Apple Crumble Bread is an easy, moist, quick bread made with warm spices, vanilla extract, brown sugar, apple slices, and an easy crumble topping.
A warm slice of this delicious quick bread with slathered butter on top will make the perfect Breakfast Recipe for Autumn. The cinnamon, nutmeg, and apple combo are sure to put you in a festive spirit. In fact, if you love Homemade Apple Pie, this is the yummy bread version with the same warm spices for flavoring.
APPLE CRUMBLE BREAD
This delicious bread recipe with chopped apples is a go-to holiday treat and breakfast in our house. The sweet flavors of brown sugar, and vanilla pair perfectly with the tart apples, seasonal spices, and cinnamon sugar crispy crumb topping.
It’s like your favorite Apple Muffins, kicked up a notch!
Baked Goods like these are great because they’re so versatile. They make the perfect breakfast, afternoon snack, or dessert. For a sweeter dessert dish top the bread off with Vanilla Ice Cream and Whipped Cream.
Crumb Topping with or without oats?
We used no oats in this recipe because a different version of this base apple bread was made with oats to make our Apple Crisp Bread. This bread is a FAN FAVORITE, so if you’re looking for a version with oats, check that recipe out!
The basic ingredients for Apple Crumble Bread are probably all things you already have in the pantry. So, as long as you have apples, this should be an easy baked treat to toss together with familiar baking ingredients.
The recipe is a simple matter of combining the bread dough, topping with the cinnamon crumble, and letting the bread bake. The total time is just over an hour and most of that is done by the oven. You can have the batter ready in a few minutes, then just go about your day until the oven goes off. Then you can enjoy the rich, moist flavorful Apple Crumble Bread.
MORE QUICK BREAD RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING APPLE CRUMBLE BREAD
- Prep time: Start by preheating the oven and prepping the loaf pan. Spray the baking dish with non-stick baking spray, or use parchment paper. Then dice the apples.
- Batter: Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Then add the buttermilk, brown sugar, egg, softened butter, and vanilla extract to a stand mixer or mixing bowl. If you’re using a mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to combine them. Mix the wet ingredients at the lowest speed until smooth. Sift together the flour baking soda and warm spices. Then combine them slowly with the bread batter. Fold in the chopped apples for a nicely combined apple mixture.
- Crumble Topping: Mash the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and cold butter together with a fork or pastry cutter until in rough crumbs.
- Baking Time: Use a rubber spatula to transfer the Apple Bread Dough to the prepared loaf pan, then top with crumble topping. Bake for 55-60 minutes, until golden brown. You can insert a toothpick in the center of the loaf to make sure it’s done. Let the loaf cool on a wire rack until you’re ready to slice and serve.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON APPLE CRUMBLE BREAD
- Flour: If you want to make whole wheat or whole grain bread you can replace the all-purpose flour in the recipe. You could also do a flour mixture that combines whole wheat and white flour.
- Apples: The flavor of the bread will change slightly depending on what apple variety you use. Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Golden Delicious would all taste great.
- Sweetener: Instead of the light brown sugar in the recipe you could use granulated sugar, honey, or maple syrup. You can also do half brown and half white sugar.
- Oil: To replace the melted butter in the recipe use vegetable oil, coconut oil, or avocado.
- Add-ins: For some delicious mix-ins try folding in chopped walnuts, almonds, or pecans for crunch. You could also add some different fruit like strawberries, raspberries, and cranberries. For citrus flavor add orange zest or lemon juice.
MORE APPLE RECIPES
HOW TO STORE APPLE CRUMBLE BREAD
- Serve: Delicious Apple Crumble Bread will keep well at room temperature for 2-3 days. Once the bread has cooled you can wrap it in plastic wrap or put it in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
- Store: You can also keep the bread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: To keep the Apple Crumble Bread for up to 3 months wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or put it in a freezer bag.
- 1/3 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and spray an 8x4 loaf pan with baking spray.
- To your stand mixer (or a large bowl with a hand mixer) add the buttermilk, brown sugar, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Mix on the lowest speed setting until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and add it to the wet ingredients until just combined on the lowest speed setting.
- Fold in the apples, then pour batter into loaf pan.
- To make the crumble, in a medium bowl with a fork, mash together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter in the topping mixture, then sprinkle it over the batter.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.