This Peanut Butter Bread is a delicious quick bread packed with tons of peanut butter flavor. Easy breakfast bread recipe with creamy peanut butter.
Quick Breads Recipes like Banana Bread are so easy and delicious we almost always have a fresh loaf in the kitchen. Who doesn’t love fresh baked bread in about an hour, especially when the flavor possibilities are endless?
PEANUT BUTTER BREAD
There’s no doubt that quick bread is one of the best baking creations. Halfway between a poundcake and a loaf of bread, these breakfast breads are so tasty and versatile. You have probably had the classics like Pumpkin Bread and Zucchini Bread, but this Peanut Butter Bread recipe is perfect when you are looking for a little something else.
This Peanut Butter Bread is what happens when a peanut butter cookie dreams of being a breakfast bread. You just need a few common pantry ingredients, a heaping scoop of creamy peanut butter, a mixing bowl, and hour to get a delicious fresh baked peanut buttery bread.
Rich, melt in your mouth, peanut butter flavor is in every bite of this bread recipe. It is perfect on its own as a snack, breakfast on the go, or with some sweet frosting for dessert. To make Peanut Butter Bread taste like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, spread a spoonful of Strawberry Topping on a slice.
OTHER FUN AND DELICIOUS QUICK BREAD RECIPES
Enjoy this creamy peanut butter breakfast bread with coffee or a cold glass of milk. Frost a loaf of Peanut Butter Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting or Chocolate Ganache for a beautiful homemade holiday gift. This easy bread keeps well in the freezer. You can make a couple loaves at a time, one to eat right away and one to store for later.
This bread recipe is 100 percent peanut butter flavor, but just like other peanut butter baked goods, you can easily add other flavor combinations. I’ve included some ideas of what goes with peanut butter, like bananas and chocolate. I’d love to hear what you love to mix with peanut butter in the comments!
Note for Peanut Butter Bread:
While you can substitute other nut butters for this recipe, I don’t recommend using reduced fat peanut butter. You want a full fat nut butter to add moisture and give the best flavor. I prefer using natural peanut butter because it’s just ground peanuts, no extra oil or sugar.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON PEANUT BUTTER BREAD
- French Toast: Use this breakfast bread to make the most amazing sweet and savory french toast by substituting it in my French Toast recipe.
- Nut Butters: Make this bread with different nut butters like almond butter, cashew butter, or even crunchy peanut butter.
- Streusel Topping: Give your Peanut Butter Bread a streusel topping. Combine ½ cup flour, ½ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup unsalted butter, and 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter until resembles a crumble. Top your batter with streusel before baking.
- Mix-ins: Gently fold in a ¼ cup of your favorite baking chips like chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or white chocolate chips. For some crunch, add a handful of roughly chopped peanuts to your batter.
- Muffins: To make Peanut Butter Muffins, divide batter into a 12 cup muffin tin. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Bananas: Turn this into a Peanut Butter And Banana Bread by mixing 2 ripe bananas into the batter. Or serve Peanut Butter Bread with sliced bananas on top.
Elvis Peanut Butter Bread Sundae:
Turn this into a dessert The King would go crazy for! Start with a slice of Peanut Butter Bread with mashed bananas spread on top. Sprinkle with some cooked bacon crumbles. Top with a scoop or two of Vanilla Ice Cream and Salted Caramel Sauce and more bacon crumbles.
MORE BREAKFAST BREAD RECIPES
HOW TO STORE PEANUT BUTTER BREAD
- Serve: This bread will stay moist and fresh at room temperature for up to 3 days wrapped tightly.
- Store: Store Peanut Butter Bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Freeze: Cool your bread completely and wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze in a sealed container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x4 loaf pan with baking spray.
- Microwave the peanut butter on half power for 45 seconds to soften it, then in a large bowl whisk it together with the milk, brown sugar and egg until smooth.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and add it to the wet ingredients.
- Whisk the dry and wet ingredients together until just combined then pour the batter into your loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.