Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bread is a sweet tooth’s delight that you can eat for breakfast or dessert! Rich chocolatey bread with burst of peanut butter!
You can’t go wrong with delicious, sweet loaf cakes like our Chocolate Banana Bread, Oreo Chocolate Bread, and now this Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bread! Perfect for dessert or breakfast, these are a few of our many tasty Baked Goods Recipes that are a treat morning or night.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP BREAD
There are a lot of iconic duos in the food world, from Bacon and Eggs to Cinnamon and Sugar, but nothing goes together quite as great as Chocolate and Peanut Butter. The creamy nuttiness of the peanuts with the sweet richness of the chocolate? Perfection.
And that’s not just my personal opinion, people everywhere love this iconic flavor combo. In a YouGov survey, they found that Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups were the second most popular candy (practically tied with M&Ms). Pretty much every other ranking list of top candy bars – those classic Peanut Butter Chocolate cups are in the top 1 or 2 spot.
With this perfect duo in mind, I created my extra rich Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bread. This bread is a chocolate lover’s dream, it’s so rich and cocoa-y. I stirred in some melt-in-your-mouth peanut butter chips and more chocolate to make each bite indulgent. It’s almost like eating a brownie for breakfast!
Since this bread is so sweet, I reserve serving it for breakfast until special occasions like Easter or a holiday brunch. But it also makes a decadent dessert, especially topped with some Vanilla Ice Cream! Serve it cake-style by baking in a loaf or bundt pan and topping with my easy Peanut Butter Frosting.
Can I make this bread ahead of time?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Bread is great to make ahead of time. You can store it in the freezer for up to 3 months wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and sealed in a container or bag. Make sure you cool your bread completely before you freeze. To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and warm in the oven at 250 degrees.
MORE BREAKFAST BREAD RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP BREAD
- Prepare the Loaf Pan: Make sure to grease the pan and the parchment paper well.
- Cocoa Butter: Adding the cocoa powder to the melted butter ensures that it gets mixed in evenly to the batter.
- Dry Ingredients: Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Mix Well: Make sure your eggs, sugar, vanilla, and butter are well mixed.
- Combine Wet and Dry: Stir flour mixture into egg mixture. Slowly add milk. Add in the butter-cocoa mix.
- Mix-Ins: Gently fold in the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. until well combined.
- Fill Loaf Pan: Pour in the batter. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Final Bake: Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP BREAD
- Peanut Butter Cups: If you really want to bring out the candy bar flavor of this bread, chop up some mini Reeses cups, or by a bag of the cups made for baking, and add them to the batter or swap them for the peanut butter chips.
- Peanuts: Give your Chocolate Peanut Butter Bread extra crunch by stirring in ¼ cup of roughly chopped peanuts. Reserve some peanuts to sprinkle on the top of the loaf.
- Peanut Butter: Swirl in some melted peanut butter (melting makes it easier to swirl) into your batter after you pour it into the loaf pan. You can also use Nutella or your favorite nut butter.
- Peanut Butter Powder: Make this a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bread by swapping the cocoa powder with peanut butter powder. Use half the amount of peanut butter powder since it packs a lot of flavor in a little amount!
- Add-Ins: The sky’s the limit with delicious add-ins on this Chocolate Bread – try stirring in butterscotch chips, cocoa nibs, toffee pieces, or even chopped up Marshmallows.
How to know if your Chocolate Bread is done:
To make sure your bread is completely done, insert a toothpick or a butterknife in the center of your loaf. When you pull it out, it should be clean of batter. Keep in mind that melted chocolate chips or peanut butter chips could also be on the knife (especially if you loaded it up with extra chips).
MORE DELICIOUS BREAKFAST RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP BREAD
- Serve: This bread is good for up to a week, covered, at room temperature or in a cool, dry place.
- Store: Keep your bread in the fridge to extend the freshness for up to 2 weeks.
- Freeze: You can freeze this Chocolate Peanut Butter bread wrapped in a sealed container or bag for 3 months. Allow to cool before freezing.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 18 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened and divided
- 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan and line it with parchment paper; grease the parchment paper as well.
- Melt 6 tablespoons of butter in the microwave, using 30 second increments until fully melted. Mix the cocoa powder into the melted butter until well combined.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Using a mixer, combine the remaining 12 tablespoons of softened butter with the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture to the batter.
- Mix the milk into the batter.
- Mix butter-cocoa mixture into the batter until fully combined.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips until well distributed.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Cover the loaf pan with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from loaf pan.