Birthday Cake Bark tastes like a delicious vanilla cake. A super easy candy with vanilla wafers, white chocolate, and cake mix you can make in 15 minutes!
If you like our classic recipe for Easy Vanilla Cake, then this is the Homemade Candy Recipe is for you! The cake mix and crumbled vanilla cookies give the white chocolate a rich vanilla flavor and the rainbow sprinkles make them perfect for a celebration.
BIRTHDAY CAKE BARK
Just like Cake Balls or Rainbow Cupcakes, this White Chocolate Bark has bright colors that kids will love! The creamy chocolate, cake mix, and cookies come together in just a few minutes, then it’s all topped off with the rainbow sprinkles that make them look just adorable.
Because Birthday Cake Bark is a no-bake treat, it’s a great recipe if you have any young kids who enjoy baking. There’s no hot stovetop or oven burns to worry about. Plus, adding the cookies, sprinkles and any other decorations will be really fun for them.
If you have any birthday’s coming up this is the perfect extra dessert to make along with the cake. You can package up pieces of bark in cellophane as cute homemade birthday party favors, or even arrange the pieces as a decorative topping for the cake.
HOW TO MAKE EASY BIRTHDAY CAKE BARK
- Prep: Start by lining a half sheet pan with parchment paper so the white chocolate won’t stick to the pan.
- Chocolate: Add white chocolate chips or disks to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate in 30-second increments until melted and smooth. Stir in between every 30 seconds, and make sure to keep the microwave on half power so that the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Cake Mix: Stir the cake mix and vanilla extract into the melted chocolate until it’s smooth. This will give the chocolate bark the flavor of a vanilla cake.
- Cookies: Pour the chocolate and cake batter mixture into the prepared pan, and use a spatula to smooth it over. Break vanilla wafers into pieces, and sprinkle them over the chocolate. Make sure the chocolate is still melted so the cookie crumbs will stick to it.
- Set: Put the Birthday Cake Bark in the fridge and let it harden for at least 30 minutes before eating.
- Break: Break apart the bark before serving. You can use a kitchen mallet or your hands to break the chocolate into pieces. If you want the chocolate in more even squares, use a butter knife run under hot water to cut halfway through the bark, then break it easily with your hands.
MORE BARK CANDY RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON BIRTHDAY CAKE BARK
- Chocolate: You can exchange the white chocolate in this recipe for dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate chips. Just keep in mind that the taste of darker chocolates will overpower the vanilla and cake mix flavors.
- Cake Mix: There are also lots of different kinds of cake mix you could mix into your Birthday Cake Bark. If you’re using milk or dark chocolate try using a devil’s food cake mix. For more colorful bark use a funfetti cake mix. If you want to make a Bark recipe for Valentine’s Day try using a strawberry or red velvet cake mix.
- Decorations: There are lots of ways you can decorate Chocolate Bark other than just rainbow sprinkles. Try using edible glitter, nonpareils, or sugar pearls. Another option is melting peanut butter, or milk chocolate to drizzle over the top of the bark. Or separate the white chocolate into a few bowls and mix in different food coloring for multi-colored Cake Batter Bark. If you want to take the birthday cake theme to the next level arrange candles in the top of the bark while it’s still somewhat melted. Then you can cut the bark into squares with a candle in each one so they look like little cakes.
- Toppings: For some more fun toppings add mini-marshmallows, M&M’s, broken up pieces of candy bars, or Oreo crumbs.
MORE CANDY RECIPES
HOW TO STORE BIRTHDAY CAKE BARK
- Serve: You can leave Birthday Cake Bark at room temperature for up to 10 days. Keep it in an airtight container in a cool place so the chocolate doesn’t melt.
- Store: To keep the Chocolate Bark for up to 3 weeks, store it in a ziplock bag or other airtight container in the fridge.
- Freeze: Homemade Bark stays good in the freezer for up to 6 months. For the best results break the bark apart, then store it in a freezer bag with the layers separated by parchment paper.
- 18 ounces white chocolate chips , or melting disks
- 1/4 cup white chocolate cake mix
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 vanilla wafers , quartered
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the white chocolate to a large glass bowl.
- Microwave the milk chocolate chips on half power (very important) until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Stir in the cake mix and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour chocolate evenly into the baking sheet and spread gently.
- Sprinkle the broken cookies and sprinkles over the chocolate.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Break into chunks to serve.
This looks soooo good. Can’t wait to try this recipe!!