Reese’s Bark is the ultimate chocolate and peanut butter dessert with creamy peanut butter sandwiched between rich chocolate bark.
Chocolate bark is the perfect Homemade Candy to have around the holidays or keep in the freezer for the next time you have a sweet tooth. Just like classic Peppermint Bark, this Reese’s version is an easy recipe that’s creamy, crunchy, and family-friendly.
Chocolate and peanut butter just might be the best dessert combo out there. Who can resist a the sweet and salty taste of a Peanut Butter Cup. This is the perfect treat for any chocolate and peanut butter lovers out there. The rich chocolate and peanut butter come together in a buttery dessert that’s absolutely irresistible.
Reese’s Bark takes the idea of a classic Reese’s Cup and makes it into a homemade and shareable dessert. Bark candy is great to serve at holiday parties, keep around the house as a sweet snack, or use it as a topping for Vanilla Ice Cream.
Chocolate bark keeps so well in the freezer you can make it ahead of time and store it for months. You can also take out a small amount of the candy at a time and keep the rest in the freezer to enjoy Reese’s Bark for longer. Trust and believe, it will be hard to resist if you have it all out at once.
MORE HOMEMADE CANDY RECIPES
REESE’S BARK AS A GIFT
Reese’s Bark makes a great candy for the holiday season, halloween, or any time of year. Homemade candy recipes like this one always make thoughtful gift ideas. Wrap a handful of bark pieces in cellophane, and tie it in a festive bow at the top. It’s an equally simple and cute way to give candy out as presents or party favors.
HOW TO CUT REESE’S BARK
Make sure to let your Reese’s Bark harden for the full 2 hours before you break it apart. There are different ways you can break the bark into pieces depending on how neat you want them to look.
- To make perfect candy squares run a butter knife under hot water to heat it up. Dry the knife then use it to cut part way through the bark. Heating the knife will help it to partially melt the chocolate, then you can break it the rest of the way with your hands.
- If you don’t care about making the bark into even pieces you can use a kitchen mallet or your hands to break apart the chocolate.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON REESE’S BARK
- Peanut Butter: Use your favorite brand of peanut butter in this bark recipe. You can use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy if you want more texture, or just add in some peanuts to the mixture. If any one has peanut allergies you can use almond butter instead of peanut butter.
- Chocolate Chips: Easily change the taste of this treat depending on what chocolate chips you use. Instead of semisweet try dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate chips. You could also do one layer in white chocolate and the second layer as semisweet or milk chocolate.
- Oreos: Try putting Oreos in a food processor to break them into crumbs. Combine the crumbs with melted butter, then press the Oreos into the bottom of the pan to act as a crust to the Reese’s Bark.
- Toppings: Top the bark with drizzled white chocolate or melted peanut butter. You could also press some peanuts or marshmallows into the top of the bark before you refrigerate it.
MORE PEANUT BUTTER DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO STORE REESE’S BARK
- Serve: You can keep bark in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- Store: If you’re worried about the Reese’s Bark melting at room temperature, you can keep it in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. Put it in a ziplock bag or other airtight container.
- Freeze: Bark will keep well in the freezer for up to 6 months. Break it into pieces then separate them with parchment paper before sealing, so they don’t stick together.
- 24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips , divided
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray with vegetable oil spray.
- Add 12 ounces (1 bag) of chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Spread into baking dish.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- In your stand mixer, beat together peanut butter, powdered sugar and butter until smooth.
- Spread over cooled chocolate.
- Place back in freezer.
- Add remaining 12 ounces (1 bag) of chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Spread over peanut butter mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until cooled completely.
- Slice into chunks.
These came out great! My kids like them better than Reese’s pb cups. I made a batch with Dove dark chocolate and they were so good. Thank you!
We are huge fans of chocolate and peanut butter over here & these Reese’s bars are incredible! We make them often!
Glad to know they’re such a hit, Jennifer.
I think this is the best bark, I’ve ever had!! I mean, who doesn’t love reese’s? I could eat this all myself, so it’s a good treat to share!
Definitely sharable though at times it might be hard to give it up, haha!
This looks simply amazing. Can’t wait to try this one!
I hope you enjoy it!
The taste is good, but the texture is nothing like Reeses. I would leave out the butter next time and just mix the powdered sugar with peanut butter to make it stiffer. It squishes out all over.
How good does this look?? I’m a sucker for Reese’s and this version looks amazing. Might be dangerous to keep around in the house though–I would eat it all!!
I’m the same way!