Blueberry Cream Cheese Monkey Bread is the ultimate indulgent treat with sticky bread mixed with juicy blueberries and topped with cream cheese icing.
This easy Breakfast Recipe takes the simple Gooey Monkey Bread base and adds the flavor of blueberries and cream cheese on top. It’s perfect to serve for brunch, a holiday breakfast, or another special occasion.
BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE MONKEY BREAD
This delicious breakfast recipe is a guaranteed favorite with the whole family. The classic pull-apart bread recipe is mixed with juicy blueberries and then the whole thing is topped off with an easy cream cheese glaze. Monkey Bread with cream cheese is the perfect combination because the cream cheese adds a nice tang to the sugary breakfast treat that ultimately brings out the rich, sweet flavors.
Blueberries are an amazing fruit to add to baked goods and breakfast recipes. Whether that’s Blueberry Muffins, Blueberry Coffee Cake, or this blueberry recipe. The bright sweet and tart flavor wakes you right up. Plus, the blueberry juice adds a little extra moisture to the recipe for extra gooey monkey bread.
Not only is Blueberry Monkey Bread with Cream Cheese Icing a delicious and indulgent recipe for breakfast, but it’s also easy to make. Using refrigerated biscuit dough all you have to do is toss it with the cinnamon sugar and blueberries. Then the biscuit dough is topped with a simple brown sugar sauce and baked to golden brown perfection. Just pour on the glaze and enjoy the perfect holiday breakfast or brunch!
MORE MONKEY BREAD RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE MONKEY BREAD
- Prep time: Start the recipe by preheating the oven and spraying the bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Then to get the dough ready, take it from the fridge and cut each biscuit into quarters so that they’re all in about 1-inch pieces.
- Dough: Add the dough pieces to a large mixing bowl. Then add the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and blueberries on top. Toss until the sugar-cinnamon mixture is coating each piece of dough. Place the dough and blueberries in the prepared bundt pan. Make sure you don’t press the balls of dough together. You want them in individual pieces so that it’s easy to pull-apart after it’s baked.
- Brown sugar coating: Add butter and brown sugar to a saucepan over medium heat. Stir the melted butter with the sugar until it’s combined. Let the sugar mixture boil for 1 minute, and then pour it over the monkey bread.
- Baking time: Bake the Monkey Bread for 35-40 minutes. Make sure to give it at least 10 minutes to cool after the cooking time. After cooling, put your serving dish over the bundt pan and flip it to remove the monkey bread from the pan.
- Cream cheese frosting: Whisk together the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and whole milk. Continue mixing until the cream cheese mixture is smooth. Top the monkey bread with cream cheese frosting and serve.
VARIATIONS ON BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE MONKEY BREAD
- Blueberry sauce: Instead of the cream cheese frosting, you can top the monkey bread off with blueberry sauce. Either use canned blueberry pie filling or make your own sauce. To make the berry sauce combine 2 cups blueberries, ½ cup water, ½ cup granulated sugar, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, then stir in a cornstarch slurry to thicken up the sauce.
- Cream cheese pieces: To add an extra cream cheese surprise to the recipe, you can cut up chilled cream cheese into cubes. Toss the cream cheese in with the bread dough as a cream cheese filling. They’ll bake into melty cream cheese pockets in the oven.
- Berries: You can add a variety of berries along with the blueberries. Strawberries, cherries, raspberries, or blackberries would all taste amazing in Cream Cheese Monkey Bread.
MORE HOLIDAY BREAKFAST RECIPES
HOW TO STORE BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE MONKEY BREAD
- Serve: When the Blueberry Pull-Apart Bread first comes out of the oven, the sugar coating will be very hot. Make sure to let it cool for about 10 minutes before serving so that it doesn’t burn anyone.
- Store: If there are any leftovers after breakfast, cover them in plastic wrap to store at room temperature or in the fridge. Either way, the Blueberry Cream Cheese Monkey Bread will stay good for about 2 days.
- Freeze: Unfortunately, monkey bread doesn’t freeze well. The sugar mixture will harden and it won’t defrost well. It’s better just to throw it out if you haven’t finished the bread after a few days.
Blueberry Cream Cheese Monkey Bread
- Yield: 16 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Course: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 36 ounces refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough , 3 packages, each cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar , packed
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup whole milk
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bundt pan with baking spray.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, blueberries, and biscuit quarters to a large bowl and toss well.
- Add pieces to a bundt pan (do not press down).
Add the butter and brown sugar to a medium saucepan on medium heat and bring to a boil for 1 minute before pouring onto the bundt pan.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, remove from oven, let cool for 10-15 minutes then place a plate over the bottom of the bundt pan and flip over to remove.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, cream cheese, and whole milk until smooth.
- Pour over monkey bread.
Yield: 16 Servings, Amount per serving: 465 calories, Calories: 465g, Carbohydrates: 74g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 641mg, Potassium: 191mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 44g, Vitamin A: 228g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 62g, Iron: 2g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.