Chocolate Banana Brownies are the perfect homemade brownies with a rich banana flavor. Ready in 45 minutes with ingredients you probably have in the pantry!
CHOCOLATE BANANA BROWNIES
Ripe bananas are the perfect ingredient to make delicious baked goods. They create the perfect treats with moist crumbs and rich banana flavor. Whether you want Banana Bread, or these Easy Banana Brownies the rich banana flavor is sure to be a favorite with everyone who tries it.
Along with the sweet flavor of banana, these chocolate brownies have a simple, smooth chocolate flavor. The cocoa powder and melty chocolate chips come together for the perfect rich combination. To take your dessert to the next level make some homemade Whipped Cream while baking Banana Brownies. You can top the warm chocolate brownies off for a simple but incredible combination.
MELTED CHOCOLATE TOPPING
For a more rich chocolate taste, you can make a melted chocolate topping to pour over the Chocolate Banana Brownies.
- Combine 2 tablespoons butter and 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir as you get softened butter and melted chocolate.
- Add 1 cup powdered sugar to the butter-chocolate mixture.
- Add little amounts of boiling water to the melted chocolate mixture to make it thinner.
- Pour over the brownies and let cool.
MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPE
TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE BANANA BROWNIES
- Prep time: Start by preheating the oven and prepping the square baking pan. Either use cooking spray to grease the 9-inch square pan or prep it with parchment paper. Make sure to cut the baking paper to size.
- Wet ingredients: Mash the large bananas with a fork and melt the butter in a small bowl. Mix together the melted butter, mashed bananas, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Dry ingredients: Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk flour mixture together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine flour into the brownie batter. Then fold in half the semisweet chocolate chips for extra chocolatey brownies.
- Bake: Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Use a rubber spatula to get all the brownie batter into the pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and bake for 35-40 minutes. To test if the easy banana brownies are done use a toothpick. If the inserted toothpick comes out clean, take the brownies out, let them cool, and enjoy.
VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE BANANA BROWNIES
- Flour: Instead of making Banana Brownies with all-purpose flour, you can make Whole Wheat Brownies using whole wheat pastry flour in the flour mixture. For Gluten-Free Brownies use almond flour, oat flour, or coconut flour.
- Vegan: To make this a delicious vegan dessert use flax eggs, a butter replacement, and dairy-free chocolate chips. Flax eggs are a great vegan replacement for eggs. You could also use applesauce or avocado instead of flax eggs. To replace the butter try coconut oil or cashew butter.
- Sweeteners: Instead of granulated sugar, you can use brown sugar, coconut sugar, or maple syrup in the recipe.
- Add-ins: there are so many delicious mix-ins you can try to add to this original recipe. Mix in some chopped nuts, dried fruit, or toffee bits. You can also make Peanut Butter Brownies by mixing in some peanut butter with the Brownie Batter. For some extra flavor mix in an extra teaspoon vanilla, almond extract, or tbsp ground cinnamon. For some toppings, sprinkle sea salt, or add banana slices on top of the Banana Brownies.
- Chocolate chips: Instead of semisweet chocolate chips, you can use milk chocolate, white chocolate, or dark chocolate.
MORE DELICIOUS BAKED GOODS
HOW TO STORE CHOCOLATE BANANA BROWNIES
- Serve: After baking the Fudgy Banana Brownies, they’ll keep well at room temperature for 3-4 days. Cover the cooled brownies in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to store in the pantry.
- Store: To store brownies, cut them from the square baking tin and put them in an airtight container or ziplock bag to keep in the fridge for a week.
- Freeze: You can also freeze Chocolate Banana Brownies for up to 6 months. Let them defrost in the fridge overnight for the perfect treat.
Chocolate Banana Brownies
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x9 inch baking pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together melted butter, sugar, eggs, bananas, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in baking dish evenly and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Yield: 12 Servings, Amount per serving: 274 calories, Calories: 274g, Carbohydrates: 34g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 52mg, Sodium: 64mg, Potassium: 234mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 25g, Vitamin A: 301g, Vitamin C: 2g, Calcium: 34g, Iron: 2g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.