Chocolate Cheesecake Bars are an amazing, creamy, sweet treat with an Oreo crust perfect to slice up squares to share with a crowd.
CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE BARS
Delicious Chocolate Cheesecake Bars are the perfect treats to share with friends and family. Each bite has a velvety texture and tastes like pure chocolate bliss. It’s sure to be a favorite with chocolate fans and satisfy even the most intense chocolate cravings.
The great thing about cheesecake bars is that you get the same taste as you would from a classic cheesecake, but with a much easier process. There is no need for a springform pan or water bath process. Instead, the ingredients come together easily and are all poured into a simple pan to bake. Once it’s done, give it 1-2 hours to cool, and then slice it into pieces for the best chocolate dessert ever!
Just like with regular cheesecake, there are plenty of incredible toppings you can add to your chocolate bars for some different flavors. Try pouring on some Chocolate Ganache, Whipped Cream, or Strawberry Topping. Any of them will make a huge difference in the delicious flavor. You could also put out a variety of toppings so each person can pick their own for their serving.
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE BARS
- Prep time: Preheat the oven temperature to 325 degrees and spray your 9×13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. If you don’t have baking spray, you can also line the dish with parchment paper to get the baking pan ready. You should also take the cream cheese from the fridge so that it has time to soften.
- Crust: Add 24 Oreos and unsalted butter to a high-powered blender. Pulse until it breaks into a fine crumb mixture. Use your hands to press the crust mixture into an even layer in the prepared baking dish.
- Chocolate filling: Put the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe dish to melt. Turn the microwave on in 30-second increments for a total of 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate between each microwaving session. Add the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, and flour to the bowl of your stand mixer. Mix at medium-high speed until the cheesecake mixture is completely smooth with no cream cheese lumps. Add 1 egg at a time while still mixing the ingredients. Switch to a low speed and add in the melted chocolate. Then add the sour cream and vanilla extract to the batter.
- Bake: Pour the cheesecake mixture into the pan and use an offset spatula to spread it evenly. Pop it in the oven to bake for 45-50 minutes. To test if the cheesecake is done, jiggle the pan slightly. If the top ripples give it a few minutes additional baking time until only the middle wiggles slightly. Take it from the oven and let it chill completely before cutting it into squares.
VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE BARS
- Cracker crust: Instead of making a chocolate cookie crust, you can use graham crackers. Mix the cracker crumbs with butter and press them into the base of the pan.
- Chocolate chips: For some extra chocolate in the recipe, mix mini chocolate chips into the chocolate filling. Semi-sweet, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate chips would all add a delicious flavor.
- Peanut butter: Chocolate and peanut butter are the ultimate dessert duo. To add some chocolate peanut butter taste, try melting peanut butter in the microwave to drizzle over the top.
- Chocolate chip cookie dough: You can also use Edible Dough for topping off your cheesecake. Simply add the chocolate chip cookie dough balls to the top of the cheesecake before serving.
MORE RICH DESSERTS
HOW TO STORE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE BARS
- Serve: This Chocolate Cheesecake Bar recipe can stay good at room temperature on your counter for up to 2 hours before you need to refrigerate them.
- Store: To keep leftovers put them in the fridge. Put the Chocolate Cheesecake Bars in an airtight container, or cover them with aluminum foil to keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: Package the Chocolate Cheesecake Bars, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, and place them in an airtight container to put in the freezer. They’ll be good for up to 3 months.
Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
- Yield: 18 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
Chocolate Cheesecake Filling:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with baking spray.
- Add the 24 Oreos and unsalted butter to a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs.
- Press Oreo mixture into baking dish evenly.
Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30-second increments (total of 90 seconds), stirring each time in between until completely smooth.
- In your stand mixer add the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until completely smooth (this is why we need softened cream cheese, if it is too cold you'll have small chunks of cream cheese here).
- Add in the eggs one at a time until each one is fully mixed in, then with the mixer going on low speed pour in the melted chocolate.
- Add in the sour cream and vanilla until smooth, then pour the mixture into the baking dish.
Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until set and firm.
- Chill completely before serving.
Yield: 18 Servings, Amount per serving: 338 calories, Calories: 338g, Carbohydrates: 32g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 72mg, Sodium: 270mg, Potassium: 209mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 24g, Vitamin A: 493g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 80g, Iron: 2g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.