Christmas Pretzel Hugs are an easy candy to make in bulk. All it takes is pretzels, Hershey kisses, and m&m’s to make the perfect holiday treat.
CHRISTMAS PRETZEL HUGS
Delicious Christmas Pretzel Hugs are just as cute as their name makes them sound. The chocolate of the Hershey’s Kisses wraps around the M&M’s like a hug, and using green and red M&M’s makes them look wonderfully Christmas-y.
This treat is the perfect combination of flavor and texture. The sweet chocolate pairs perfectly with the salty pretzels. Similarly, the M&M candy coating and pretzels bring a lot of crunch to the chocolate treat.
You can enjoy these as a sweet snack throughout the holiday season or put them out at your next party with other festive treats. Arrange Pretzel Hugs out on a tray with homemade candies like Easy Chocolate Fudge, Peppermint Oreo Bark, and Chocolate Truffles. The great thing about all these desserts is that you can make them ahead of time and keep them in the freezer until your holiday party.
PRETZEL HUGS AS A GIFT
Homemade treats and candy like this are perfect to make holiday presents. Package up these pretzel candies to give to neighbors, friends, family, and your kids’ teachers around the holidays.
Wrap up the Pretzel Hugs in cellophane and tie the top with a Christmas ribbon or twine. You could also package them in a cookie tin. Line the bottom of the tin with wax paper or colorful tissue paper then add in a layer of the chocolate pretzels. If you want to add another layer, put another sheet of paper to separate them.
MORE CHRISTMAS CANDY RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CHRISTMAS PRETZEL HUGS
This is one of the easiest holiday treats you can make. Pretzel Hugs are an especially great recipe because you can make so many at once. You can even double up the recipe to make them on two baking sheets if you’re making them to share with a big group.
- Line your baking sheet with tin foil to make for easy cleanup.
- Lay out 70 pretzels over the baking sheet.
- Top each pretzel with a Hershey’s kiss.
- You want to make the chocolate soft enough so that you can press the M&M’s into the top. Put the baking sheet in the oven for 2-3 minutes, but don’t heat them long enough they melt or lose their shape.
- Press an M&M into the top of each slightly softened kiss.
- Put them all in the fridge for at least 20 minutes the chocolate can re-harden before setting.
VARIATIONS ON CHRISTMAS PRETZEL HUGS
- Chocolate: There are lots of different kinds of Hershey’s Kisses you can use in your Pretzel Hugs. Try using Candy Cane, Cherry, Mint Truffle, White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Cookies n’ Cream, or any other kind of Hershey’s Kiss you’d like.
- M&M’s: You can make your Pretzel Hugs for any time of year depending on what M&Ms you use. Just use regular multicolored for any time of year, or use Reese’s Pieces for Halloween. You could also try peanut M&Ms, caramel M&Ms or other variations to change up the taste of treats.
- Peanut Butter: To add some peanut butter to your treat add a dollop of creamy peanut butter to the bottom of the chocolate kiss before you put it on the pretzel.
MORE CHRISTMAS DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CHRISTMAS PRETZEL HUGS
- Serve: You could keep this candy in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks, but this will only work if you keep your house fairly cool so the chocolate doesn’t melt.
- Store: To keep your candy longer put it in an airtight container in the fridge. They’ll stay good for about 3 weeks in the fridge.
- Freeze: Christmas Pretzel Hugs can also keep well in the freezer. Make these in advance of the holidays and keep them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Christmas Pretzel Hugs
- Yield: 70 Pieces
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Course: Candy
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 70 square pretzel snaps
- 70 Hershey's kisses
- 70 m&m candies , red and green
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Line up the pretzels on the baking sheet.
- Top with Hershey's kisses.
Place in oven for 2-3 minutes until chocolate is shiny but not losing its shape.
- Remove carefully and press an m&m into the center of each chocolate candy kiss.
Press gently to ensure the kiss maintains most of its shape.
Let cool completely in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Yield: 70 Pieces, Amount per serving: 31 calories, Calories: 31g, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 17mg, Potassium: 1mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 2g, Calcium: 10g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.