These Coconut Brownies are rich chocolate brownies filled with shredded coconut and semisweet chocolate chips topped with coconut that toasts as it bakes.
Chocolate and coconut are a delicious flavor combo that doesn’t get the recognition it deserves! Mocha coconut is an amazing coffee drink, Mounds (and Almond Joys) are delightful, and Chocolate Covered Macaroons are downright addicting. These Chocolate Coconut Brownies are more proof this is one of the best flavor combos!
There is so much to love about rich, chocolatey Coconut Brownies. These easy Coconut Brownies are ready for the oven in minutes and ready to gobble up in less than an hour. You’ll love the simple ingredients, most you have in your pantry, and that they are made in just one bowl.
There are sweetened coconut flakes inside and out of Coconut Brownies, so you get that sweet, tropical flavor in every bite. An added bonus of sweetened shredded coconut is that it makes these fudgy brownies incredibly moist. These chewy double chocolate Coconut Brownies are made even better with chocolate chips!
These tasty Coconut Brownies are great plain with a cold glass of milk or a cup of Hot Chocolate in the wintertime. And of course, what warm brownie isn’t made better with big scoop Vanilla Ice Cream? These delicious brownies also make great holiday gifts, just wrap them up in festive cellophane or gift box.
MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES:
Mini Coconut Brownie Bites
Make mini Coconut Brownie Bites easily in a mini muffin pan. Just prepare brownie batter as usual and divide evenly in a well greased mini muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean with a few moist crumbs.
You can make Coconut Brownies ahead of time and freeze for up to 3 months. Freeze in individual portions, wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in a bag, for a perfect dessert for one. Whenever a craving hits, just defrost on the counter for about an hour or pop in the microwave to reheat your Coconut Brownies.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON COCONUT BROWNIES
- Toasted Coconut: Toast your coconut for more flavor! Easily toast coconut in the oven at 325 degrees F for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to toast evenly.
- Chocolate Chips: Use any of your favorite baking chips like dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Nuts: You can add ½ cup of toasted almonds, pecans, cashews, or walnuts, chopped to small pieces. The smaller you chop the nuts, the easier cutting the baked brownies will be.
- Caramel: Make these taste like those famous Girl Scout cookies by swirling Salted Caramel Sauce after the brownie batter is in the pan. Or you could also fold in a ½ cup caramel chips instead the chocolate chips.
- Cherry: Chocolate, cherry, and coconut taste amazing together! Stir in chopped fresh or frozen cherries into the brownie batter. Make sure to thaw and drain frozen cherries before adding.
- Coconut Stuffed Brownies: Prepare the brownie batter as usual, then prepare a chewy coconut layer. Mix 4 cups sweetened shredded coconut, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Pour half the brownie batter into the baking pan, top with coconut mixture, then add the remaining batter. Top with remaining coconut and bake for 40 minutes.
MORE DELICIOUS COCONUT RECIPES
HOW TO STORE COCONUT BROWNIES
- Serve: You can keep these Coconut Brownies at room temperature for up to 4 days in an airtight container or wrapped with plastic wrap.
- Store: Cool brownies completely and place in an airtight container. Refrigerate Coconut Brownies for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: Flash freeze brownies for 1 hour on a baking sheet (keeps them from sticking). Transfer to a sealed container and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut , divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with baking spray.
- Whisk together melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and ½ cup of the shredded coconut.
- Spread batter evenly into greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of shredded coconut over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.