Concession Stand Popcorn Mix is the best movie theater snack at home! Sweet and salty mix with buttery popcorn, pretzels, raisins, M&M candies, and peanuts.
CONCESSION STAND POPCORN MIX
This tasty and easy popcorn mix has your favorite movie theater snacks and candies! Sweet, salty, crunchy, and savory all at once, this Concession Stand Popcorn Mix has a little bit of everything. You can make it exactly like the recipe or add your family’s favorite snacks that you have on hand.
Concession Stand Popcorn Mix is so easy to make with a couple microwave popcorn bags and snacks you probably already have in your pantry. Use whatever microwave popcorn flavor you want like buttery popcorn or kettle corn for a little extra sweetness. A lot of theaters sell fresh popcorn so pick up authentic movie theater popcorn if you have some extra time.
You could also make this Concession Stand Popcorn Mix with fresh popcorn or bagged popped corn from the grocery store. Add a cup of cheddar popcorn and a cup caramel popcorn from a popcorn tin during the holidays. No matter what kind of popcorn you use, this irresistible snack is one that anyone can make and everyone will love.
Once you get your favorite popcorn picked out to make this Concession Stand Popcorn Mix, it’s time to pick out the movie theater snacks to add. This recipe calls for mini pretzels for extra crunch, raisins for chewy fruity flavor, salty crunchy peanuts, and sweet chocolate M&M candies. It’s a theater-style trail mix that makes the perfect snack for movie night and carnival themed parties.
This Concession Stand Popcorn Mix is great for munching on whenever you want a sweet and salty snack. It also makes a great edible food gift for new neighbors or during the holidays. Make a fun movie style popcorn gift basket with bags of Concession Stand Popcorn Mix, bottled soda or lemonade, cotton candy, and a family-friendly DVD.
MORE SWEET AND SALTY SNACK RECIPES
VARIATIONS ON CONCESSION STAND POPCORN MIX
- Candy: Other favorite movie theater candies you can use are Sour Patch Kids, bite-size licorice, Reeses Pieces, chocolate covered peanuts, chocolate covered raisins, Snow Caps, or Whoppers. You can also try chopping up your favorite candy bar and adding the pieces!
- Nuts: Instead of salted peanuts, try roasted sliced almonds, walnuts, honey roasted peanuts, candied pecans, sunflower seeds, or pistachios.
- Cookies: Mix in some cookies like Oreos, frosted animal cookies, and chocolate or cinnamon Teddy Grahams. Some Edible Cookie Dough pieces would taste delicious too!
- Cereal: Add you favorite crunchy cereal to the popcorn mixture like Chex cereal, Cocoa Krispies, Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks, Reeses Puffs, or Lucky Charms.
- Chocolate: For extra sweet Concession Stand Popcorn Mix, spread popcorn mix on a baking sheet and drizzle with Chocolate Ganache or Salted Caramel Sauce and allow sauce to harden. Break up and serve.
- Popcorn Balls: Prepare Concession Stand Popcorn Mix and add to a deep baking pan or pot. Melt 10 ounces marshmallows, 1/4 cup butter, and 1/4 cup brown sugar over low heat. Stir melted butter mixture into popcorn mixture until covered completely. Carefully with buttered hands, shape popcorn balls and let cool on parchment paper until set.
How To Make Stovetop Popcorn
- In a large pot with a lid, add 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil.
- Turn on medium high heat and add 2 cups popcorn kernels. Cover pot with lid.
- Shake pot occasionally while it heats up. Once the kernels pop, the oil is ready.
- Add 1/2 cup popcorn kernels to hot oil and season with salt. Cover pot with lid and shake to cover kernels with oil.
- Shake every 20-30 seconds so the popcorn doesn’t burn. Once kernels start popping, keep an ear out.
- The popcorn is done when the popping slows to 2-3 seconds between pops. Remove from heat, pour into bowl and enjoy.
MORE TASTY HOLIDAY SNACK RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CONCESSION STAND POPCORN MIX
- Serve: This Concession Stand Popcorn Mix is best served with freshly made popcorn and be kept at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Store: Store Concession Stand Popcorn Mix in an airtight container or plastic storage bags for up to 1 week at room temperature. You don’t want to refrigerate or freeze popped popcorn.
- Freeze: This isn’t a snack mix that you want to freeze, the popcorn will get soggy as it defrosts. It’s so easy, just make Concession Stand Popcorn Mix fresh.
Concession Stand Popcorn Mix
- Yield: 20 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Course: Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 2 bags microwave popped popcorn , about 14 cups
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup m&ms candies
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Microwave the popcorn and add to a large bowl.
- Toss with pretzels.
- Sprinkle over the raisins and peanuts.
Let cool for 2 minutes and sprinkle m&ms over the top.
Yield: 20 servings, Amount per serving: 95 calories, Calories: 95g, Carbohydrates: 11g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Sodium: 88mg, Potassium: 92mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 12g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 15g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.