Cookies and Cream Muffins are sweet, moist, and buttery vanilla muffins with Oreo crumbs throughout and on top. Perfect for a dessert or breakfast!
Similar to Chocolate Oreo Muffins, these Cookies and Cream Muffins take your favorite cookie and bake them into a sweet cake batter. They’re the perfect Dessert for birthday parties, family get-togethers, or a sweet treat for after dinner.
COOKIES AND CREAM MUFFINS
With over 25+ Oreo Recipes on the site, it’s hardly a secret that we absolutely love Oreo Cookies. They add so much rich, chocolatey and creamy flavor to any recipe. The vanilla cake around the cookies compliment the Oreo flavor perfectly. It’s like delicious cookies and cream ice cream turned into a baked good!
Cookies and Cream Muffins straddle the line between breakfast and dessert. They’re quite sweet, so you may want to save them for a special occasion like a holiday or Birthday to serve for breakfast. If you’re serving them up as a dessert, you can add some frosting to to top to make them more like a cupcake or serve them with some Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.
If you’d like to serve these Oreo Muffins for a birthday party or other celebratory occasion try adding some frosting to make them more like cupcakes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter to your stand mixer and put it on medium speed. Mix until light and fluffy. It should take about 30 seconds.
- Alternate adding in powdered sugar and milk until you’ve added 6 cups sugar and 1/3 cup milk.
- Fold in 1 cup of Oreo crumbs and 1 tablespoon of vanilla.
- To make the frosting look better top it with some Oreo pieces for a prettier presentation.
MORE OREO DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE COOKIES AND CREAM MUFFINS
- Prep: Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and line your muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Wet ingredients: Whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until well combined.
- Dry ingredients: Slowly sift together the salt, flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Batter: Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Be careful not to over-mix. Add all but 1/2 cup of the Oreo crumbs into the batter. Reserve the last 1/2 cup to the side.
- Bake: Scoop the batter into the liners and top it with the remaining Oreo cookie crumbs. Bake for 18-20 minutes. To check if the muffins are done put a toothpick in the center. When it comes out clean, you’ll know the Oreo Muffins are done.
VARIATIONS ON COOKIES AND CREAM MUFFINS
- Chocolate Oreo Muffins: To make Chocolate Oreo Muffins add in 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder to the dry ingredients.
- Oreos: There are lots of different flavors of Oreos out there. Try any of your favorite Oreo cookies in your Cookies and Cream recipe. Try chocolate, red velvet, birthday cake, vanilla, or mint Oreo crumbs.
- Chocolate Chips: For some extra melty chocolate try adding in some chocolate chips. You can try regular semisweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, or even peanut butter chips.
MORE SWEET MUFFIN RECIPES
HOW TO STORE COOKIES AND CREAM MUFFINS
- Serve: Delicious, moist Cookies and Cream Muffins can be kept at room temperature for up to 3 days. Keep them in a ziplock bag or other airtight container.
- Store: Once the Oreo Muffins have cooled, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. If you’ve frosted them they’ll stay good for 3-4 days.
- Freeze: You can freeze muffins for up to 3 months. Separate them with parchment paper to make sure the cupcakes don’t stick together.
Cookies and Cream Muffins
- Yield: 24 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Course: Breakfast and Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
In a large bowl whisk together milk, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda then add to the wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
Add all but 1/4 cup of the crumbled Oreos to the mixture (reserve this 1/2 cup for topping the muffins).
Scoop batter into muffin liners then sprinkle on the remaining Oreo cookie crumbs.
Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Yield: 24 Servings, Amount per serving: 114 calories, Calories: 114g, Carbohydrates: 16g, Protein: 2g, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 16mg, Sodium: 80mg, Potassium: 52mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 35g, Calcium: 20g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.