Doritos Chicken Casserole is an easy creamy weeknight casserole with chicken breast, corn, beans and cheese topped with a Nacho Cheese Doritos crust.
If you’re looking for an easy Dinner Recipe your whole family will love, than look no further than this Doritos Chicken Casserole. Like our Cowboy Casserole, it’s an easy weeknight meal the whole family will love.
DORITOS CHICKEN CASSEROLE
This casserole is all that and a bag of chips! Oof, yes, we went there.
The bold flavor from the crumbled Doritos adds the right amount of flavor and crunch to this dish. The cheesy chicken and corn filling is rich and creamy and it’s got kid-friendly flavors so your littles will clean their plates.
This chicken casserole comes together so easily that it’s a great dinner option for beginner cooks too. Making the filling and layering the casserole in the baking dish only takes about 15 minutes so you can quickly pop this in the oven and it’ll be on your table in no time. Fuss free!
Doritos are a great option for casseroles due to their bold flavor. There are many different varieties of Doritos, so you have the opportunity to customize this casserole to your liking. Use whatever your favorite flavor is and then next time, try a new one to change it up. You can even use corn chips or any other nacho type chip for this dish.
MORE DELICIOUS CASSEROLE RECIPES
VARIATIONS ON DORITOS CHICKEN CASSEROLE
This casserole is very adaptable to your favorites or what you have on hand in your kitchen.
- Veggies: Add in diced green chilis or minced jalapeños for a bit of spice. Once it’s out of the oven, top with chopped lettuce and diced tomatoes or any of your favorite taco toppings.
- Cheese: Try using cheddar and mozzarella cheeses or Monterey-jack and Colby-jack cheeses as a substitute for the Mexican blend.
- Meat: Replace the chicken with turkey or even ground beef.
- Spices: Add a tablespoon of chili powder and 1 teaspoon of cumin to give it a Mexican seasoning.
MORE FUN FAMILY FAVORITE RECIPES
HOW TO SERVE AND STORE
- Serve: This casserole shouldn’t be left out at room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
- Store: Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: Allow the casserole to completely cool. Store it in a freezer safe storage bag or airtight container and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. I recommend freezing this casserole in single serving size portions, making it an easy to grab lunch or dinner option. Be sure to thaw out in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Doritos Chicken Casserole
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Doritos Chicken Casserole is an easy creamy weeknight casserole with chicken breast, corn, beans and cheese topped with a crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos crust.
- 3 cups Nacho Cheese Doritos , lightly crushed
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts , cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 14 ounces canned black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups jarred salsa
- 10.75 ounces canned condensed cream of chicken soup , or use homemade - link is is to recipe
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese , shredded (divided)
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning , 1 packet or link is to recipe
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
In a large bowl, mix the chicken, corn, black beans, salsa, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, 1 cup of the cheese, and taco seasoning.
Spread the chicken mixture evenly in the baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven, sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1 cup of cheese and the Doritos then bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings, Amount per serving: 396 calories, Calories: 396g, Carbohydrates: 29g, Protein: 24g, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 71mg, Sodium: 942mg, Potassium: 469mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 640g, Vitamin C: 3g, Calcium: 238g, Iron: 2g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.