Fudgy Brownies are ultra-rich and gooey brownies made with a handful of simple ingredients like cocoa powder, butter, sugar, and vanilla.
This easy Dessert Recipe makes the fudgiest brownies ever! They’re perfect to bring to a bake sale, party, or potluck. For more delicious brownie recipes try Triple Chocolate Brownies, Guinness Brownies, or Mint Brownies.
This might just become your favorite brownie recipe ever. With a rich chocolate taste and fudgy texture, they have everything you could want from a batch of brownies. Plus, the moist brownies are made with basic ingredients and standard kitchen tools, so you can whip the entire brownie mixture in just a few minutes and enjoy the fudgiest brownies from scratch!
The key to getting the perfect chewy texture in these brownies is by using more butter and adding milk. If you want a regular Chocolate Brownie Recipe that is more cakey, you should use less oil. By adding in extra melted butter and some milk, you get baked brownies with gooey and fudgy middles.
Brownie lovers are sure to go crazy for these fudgier brownies. Each bite is pure melty, chocolatey bliss. Plus, the simple ingredients in this Fudgy Brownie recipe are easy to add to. You can experiment with adding any of your favorite dessert mix-ins like chopped nuts or chocolate chips to add some extra texture to the basic chocolate brownies.
MORE BROWNIE RECIPES
BAKING TIPS FOR FUDGY BROWNIES
- Prep time: To start this fudgy brownie recipe, heat the oven temperature to 300 degrees and spray your baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brownie batter: Add butter to a microwave-safe bowl and melt it for 30 seconds. Then add the melted butter, milk, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs to a mixing bowl. Combine them with an electric mixer or whisk until creamy and smooth. For the next step sift the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and salt into the brownie batter. Continue mixing them into the wet batter until just combined, but be careful not to over-mix the chocolate mixture.
- Baking time: Spread the chocolate batter into the prepared baking dish, and put it in the oven for 30-35 minutes. They will cook best on the middle oven rack. After 30 minutes of baking time, stick a toothpick in the middle of the brownies to check if they’re done. If there’s an under-baked middle, then the toothpick will come out with batter on it. If that’s the case, put them back in the oven for 5 minutes. Finished brownies with a chewy texture will come out with moist crumbs. Let brownies cool before slicing and serving.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON FUDGY BROWNIES
- Chocolate chips: For an extra chocolate element in the simple brownies, add in a cup of chocolate chips. You can use white or milk chocolate chunks, or for darker chocolate mix in semisweet or dark chocolate chips.
- Wheat flour: If you want to add some healthier ingredients to this fudgy brownie recipe, you can use wheat flour. To make sure they still have a deliciously chewy texture, use half wheat flour and half white flour.
- More mix-ins: There are plenty of other mix-ins you can try in this recipe like peanut butter chips, walnuts, Oreo chunks, or pretzel pieces. Any of your favorite dessert mix-ins could make a fun addition to these Fudge Brownies.
- Brownie mix: Instead of making these brownies from scratch, you can use a boxed brownie mix. To make brownies fudgy, just like if you’ve made fudgy homemade brownies, try exchanging the oil in the box mix with melted butter, and the water for milk.
MORE CHOCOLATE DESSERTS
HOW TO STORE FUDGY BROWNIES
- Serve: If you have leftover brownies, cover them in aluminum foil or plastic wrap to keep them at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Store: You can also cover the fudgy brownie recipe or put it in an airtight container to store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: Let the brownie recipe cool after cooking, then freeze them in an airtight container or a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together butter, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs until smooth.
- In a second bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Spread evenly in the baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes.