Individual Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is a fun twist on a classic dinner. Made with ground beef, breadcrumbs, a ketchup glaze, and crispy bacon.
If you’ve tried our recipe for Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf this is an easy way to make meatloaf into individual servings. The individual meatloaf muffins are fun, cute, and you don’t have to worry about slicing the meatloaf. It’s the perfect Weeknight Dinner that your whole family is sure to love!
INDIVIDUAL BACON WRAPPED MEATLOAF
Meatloaf is an old-fashioned dinner that a lot of us grew up on. This recipe takes the classic ingredients like ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, ground beef, and brown sugar to make the ultimate meatloaf. But then adds something extra by wrapping it in bacon. It’s always great to put a new spin on an old favorite, and wrapping meatloaf in bacon seems like the perfect way to do that.
It won’t be a shock to anyone who’s followed the blog for a while that we LOVE bacon. Seriously, is there any dinner that isn’t even better with some bacon? Whether it’s Bacon Wrapped Garlic Chicken, Bacon Mac and Cheese, or even Bacon Wrapped Hotdogs, bacon can take your favorite comfort food and make it even more tasty.
Not only is this meatloaf recipe wrapped in bacon, but it’s also made into individual meatloaf servings. Instead of making a whole loaf and slicing it into pieces this recipe makes 6 meatloaf muffins, so everyone can enjoy their own. This is great for a fun dinner that kids will love, or as a packed lunch. Making the meatloaf into individual servings makes them way more portable so they’re great to take to work or school.
Another thing, that makes these mini meatloaves great for lunch is that they’re freezer-friendly. You can keep Individual Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf in the freezer for up to 6 months. Take one meatloaf muffin out of the freezer at a time to defrost it and bring to lunch, and they’re like ready-made frozen meals.
MORE MEATLOAF RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE INDIVIDUAL BACON WRAPPED MEATLOAF
- Prep: First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and use cooking spray on the baking pan.
- Meat mixture: Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. Mix the ingredients in a large bowl until just combined, there’s no need to over-mix. Separate the mixture into 6 evenly sized round mounds.
- Bacon: Wrap two slices of bacon around each meatloaf muffin. Make the bacon pieces overlap slightly and use two toothpicks to secure the bacon on the meatloaf.
- Bake: Place the individual meatloaves on the baking dish make sure they’re an even distance apart. Put them in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Glaze: While the meatloaves are baking whisk together 1/3 cup ketchup, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon yellow mustard, and 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce. Take the meatloaves from the oven and add the ketchup and brown sugar glaze over the top. Bake the meatloaves for another 10 minutes.
VARIATIONS ON INDIVIDUAL WRAPPED MEATLOAF
- Bacon: If you want to change up the bacon used in this recipe, you can use turkey bacon or even try using candied bacon for some extra sweetness.
- Meat: You can change the meat mixture by using any kind of ground meat instead of ground beef. Try ground turkey or ground chicken.
- Add-ins: There are so many different ingredients you can add in for different flavors in your Individual Meatloaves. Try mixing in garlic powder, Italian seasoning, or parsley with the meat mixture. You can also change up the glaze by using BBQ sauce, or lemon juice.
- Gluten-free: If you need a gluten-free recipe, you’ll have to replace the panko breadcrumbs in the recipe. Break gluten-free bread into crumbs and give it some time to dry out before adding it to the meat mixture.
MORE BACON RECIPES
HOW TO STORE INDIVIDUAL BACON WRAPPED MEATLOAF
- Serve: Don’t leave your individual meatloaves at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: You can keep your meatloaf in the fridge for 3-4 days. Let the meatloaf cool to room temperature then store them in an airtight container. Wrap the Individual Meatloaves in plastic wrap so they don’t stick together in the container.
- Freeze: Keep Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf in the freezer for 3-4 months. Wrap each meatloaf in tin foil individually and put them in an airtight container.
Individual Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Course: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef , 90/10
- 1/4 yellow onion , minced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 pound bacon
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the ground beef, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper until just combined.
- Separate the meat mixture into 6 mounds.
- Wrap each piece of meat with two slices of overlapping bacon around the side and secure with 2 toothpicks.
Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Glaze with sauce then bake for 10 minutes.
Yield: 6 Servings, Amount per serving: 656 calories, Calories: 656g, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 33g, Fat: 48g, Saturated Fat: 17g, Cholesterol: 158mg, Sodium: 1275mg, Potassium: 638mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 10g, Vitamin A: 141g, Vitamin C: 2g, Calcium: 60g, Iron: 4g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.