Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs is a comforting Italian meal ready in about 20 minutes start to finish, even on the busiest weeknights!
One-pan recipes make easy work of classic dishes, like Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs, and this instant pot version is even simpler to prepare and cooks in just five minutes! We love kid-friendly Pasta Recipes that the whole family will enjoy.
INSTANT POT SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS
If a slow cooker’s motto is “set it and forget it,” you could say that this Instant Pot dinner is the opposite and lets you “forget it, then set it!” You could literally forget about dinner all day and then toss these staple pantry and freezer ingredients into your Instant Pot, set it for 5 minutes, and you’re done!
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs is the perfect recipe for busy families, especially if your kids love to gobble up spaghetti and meatballs on at least a weekly basis. No more using multiple pots & pans, plus a colander to produce this family favorite. With this recipe, all the ingredients cook together in the Instant Pot in just 5 minutes, and you’re left with only one pot to wash!
To make this incredibly quick and flavorful meal, simply layer water, frozen meatballs, Italian seasoning, kosher salt, uncooked spaghetti, and your favorite pasta sauce in your Instant Pot. After cooking with high pressure for 5 minutes, quick release for 5 minutes, then give it a stir and let sit for a few more minutes. You’ll also have plenty of leftovers for a quick and easy lunch or dinner the following day, or use this recipe to meal prep for even easier weeknights.
The classic ingredients of spaghetti, beef meatballs, and pasta sauce can also be swapped out for a variety of flavors. Try turkey meatballs for a lightened up version, or spicy arrabbiata sauce for more adventurous flavor. You could even add a tablespoon of jarred minced garlic to kick it up a notch.
Serve Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs with a Classic Wedge Salad to add a cool crunch or some Roasted Broccoli for a complete and nutritious meal. And of course, don’t forget a side of savory, toasty Garlic Bread!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH INSTANT POT SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON INSTANT POT SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS
- Protein: The classic dish uses beef meatballs, but they can be substituted for frozen turkey, pork, or even meatless vegetarian meatballs. You could even use sliced cooked Italian sausage or kielbasa in place of meatballs.
- Pasta: Other pastas that would work well in this recipe are linguini, bowtie, rotini, penne, or macaroni.
- Veggies: To add some color and additional Mediterranean flavors, include a drained can of artichoke hearts, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, or mushrooms, or your favorite combo of all four.
- Sauce: You can use any style of marinara or tomato based pasta sauce for this recipe. Some options include spicy arrabbiata, roasted garlic, and tomato basil. Avoid creamy sauces such as vodka sauce or alfredo sauce, as they may scorch.
- Seasonings: If you don’t have prepared Italian seasoning on hand, using a ½ tsp each of dried oregano and dried basil will still add a lot of flavor. Other herbs commonly found in Italian seasoning are thyme, marjoram, rosemary and sage. Use any combination of seasonings that you have on hand to suit your taste.
MORE EASY ITALIAN PASTA DISHES
HOW TO STORE INSTANT POT SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS
- Serve: Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs can be kept warm for up to 4 hours or at room temperature for up to 2 hours before needing refrigeration.
- Store: Keep in an airtight container inside the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: Transfer Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs into a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
- 3 cups water
- 16 ounces frozen cooked beef meatballs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 pound spaghetti broken in half
- 28 ounces pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Add water to Instant Pot.
- Add meatballs to the pot and top with Italian Seasoning and salt.
- Top with broken spaghetti spread apart in the pot (do not just add in one large clump).
- Pour on the spaghetti sauce (do not stir).
- Seal the instant pot and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure for five minutes, open the top and stir well.
- Let sit for five minutes before serving, topped with Parmesan cheese.
Made this tonight for dinner. Another excellent recipe. I would make an adjustment next time by putting some olive oil on each layer of noodles to prevent sticking. Outstanding flavor. Thank you.
Thanks for the feedback and suggestion, Mark.