Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are the best wings for game day! Crispy baked wings in a lemon garlic parmesan sauce and spicy red pepper flakes.
Buffalo Wings are a must have Super Bowl Appetizer Recipe, but there’s no doubt they use up a stack of napkins. For a crispy, spicy appetizer minus the wing sauce, you’ll love these new game day chicken wings!
These crispy baked chicken wings are great for those who want a spicy kick and lots of flavor, but none of the sticky buffalo or barbecue wing sauce. These simple wings are tangy, garlicky, and slightly sweet with smokey heat from the red pepper flakes and black pepper.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are great for game days, backyard parties, or whenever you are craving crispy chicken wings. These low carb chicken wings are so easy to make with just a handful of ingredients, one large bowl and a baking sheet. Less mess in your kitchen and when you’re eating them, win-win!
These yummy, spicy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are delicious with Blue Cheese Dressing or Ranch Dressing. The cool, creamy dressing with crispy, tangy wings is just perfection. You could also use the wing sauce for other skin-on chicken pieces and serve crispy low carb Lemon Parmesan Chicken for dinner.
If you are wanting a milder chicken wing, simply leave out the red pepper flakes in this wings recipe. Adjust the black pepper to taste for just a wee bit of heat or leave it out completely. If you are fan of spicy chicken wings, add a teaspoon or two of your favorite hot sauce or cayenne pepper.
For perfectly crispy wings, the key is to use thawed drumettes and pat them dry before tossing in the vegetable oil. Spread them in a single layer and don’t overcrowd the baking sheet. Use two baking sheets if your chicken wings are really large or frozen.
MORE GAME DAY RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You can use other chicken pieces besides drumettes with this sauce. Use it to coat a Roast Chicken or toss Baked Chicken Thighs in Lemon Parmesan Chicken Wing Sauce in the final 10-15 minutes of baking.
Instead of chicken, toss crispy Roasted Cauliflower or Baked Tofu in this garlic parmesan sauce for vegetarian game day appetizers.
Instead lemon juice, use fresh lime juice and lime zest, and a teaspoon of chili powder. You can use fine grated Cojita cheese for the parmesan cheese for Elote style chicken wings.
Use Italian seasonings like oregano, rosemary, and thyme, and minced fresh cloves garlic for Italian chicken wings. Serve with a side of Marinara for dipping.
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Pat chicken wings dry and season with salt and black pepper. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and place chicken drumettes in a single layer in basket. Cook in batches at 360 degrees for 12 minutes on each side (24 minutes total). Increase the heat to 390 degrees, toss in the lemon parmesan sauce and cook for 6 minutes more, until wings are extra crispy.
MORE TASTY CHICKEN WING RECIPES
HOW TO STORE GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS
- Serve: Wings can be at room temperature for up to 2 hours before they should be stored.
- Store: Keep your leftover chicken wings in the refrigerator in an airtight container or storage bag for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: Lay your wings on a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze for 1 hour. Transfer to a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 2 months. Reheat frozen wings in the oven.
- 32 chicken wings
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
Lemon Parmesan Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 5 cloves garlic , finely minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl toss the chicken wings with the vegetable oil, salt and pepper then line up on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake until wings are crispy and browned for 50-55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lemon sauce by mixing the remaining ingredients, except parmesan cheese, together in a large bowl.
- Remove the wings and add them to the large bowl, toss them with the lemon sauce and parmesan cheese, then bake them for an additional 5 minutes.