3 Ingredient Nutella Cake is a decadent quick and easy cake recipe! Rich, fudgy chocolate hazelnut cake with Nutella, eggs, and flour and ready in one hour.
If you thought our 4 ingredient Flourless Chocolate Cake was easy and delicious, wait until you make this even easier Cake Recipe! One less ingredient but just as fudgy and decadent with hazelnut flavor!
From Bread to Brownies, there’s no dessert or baked good that a generous scoop (or two) of Nutella can’t make decadent and amazing. The creamy, nutty, and rich chocolatey flavor is unlike any other! Other chocolate hazelnut spreads can work in this recipe too, but there is just something extra special and addicting about original Ferrero Nutella.
This Nutella Cake so flavorful and moist, you won’t believe that it only has 3 ingredients! All you need to make this tasty cake is a jar of Nutella, a few eggs and less than a cup of flour. It’s the perfect cake when your baking ingredients are running low but you are craving something sweet and chocolatey.
The key to getting Nutella Cake light and fluffy is to whip the eggs. The whipped eggs are replacing leavening agents like baking powder and baking soda, so make sure not to rush this step. However, when adding the flour you don’t want to over mix. Gently fold in the flour until there aren’t any dry streaks. To make this easier, sift your flour before adding it to the Nutella egg mixture.
Nutella Cake is great dessert for kids to practice making since it’s only a few steps and practically fail-proof. Using a stand mixer makes this easier to mix and saves your kitchen from any splatter that beaters tend to make in the hands of young bakers. With one bowl and one pan, Nutella Cake a great summer activity with very little clean up!
You can enjoy Nutella Cake unfrosted and warm from the oven, or with a little extra Nutella spread on top. If you have some extra time, you should definitely frost with Rich Chocolate Frosting or Buttercream Frosting. And of course, this melt in your mouth chocolatey Nutella Cake is amazing served with Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream.
SOME DELICIOUS TOPPING IDEAS:
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON NUTELLA CAKE
- Nuts: Mix in ½ cup chopped nuts like hazelnuts, almonds, pecans, or walnuts to the cake batter. Sprinkle nuts onto your frosting, if you are using one.
- Chocolate Chips: Fold in a ½ cup chocolate chips with the flour like dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can also use caramel chips, peanut butter chips, or butterscotch chips.
- Flourless: To make flourless Nutella Cake, simply replace the flour with ½ cup dutch processed cocoa powder. You can also add a tablespoon or two of sugar to sweeten this dark chocolate hazelnut version.
- Nutella Cake for One: Whisk 1 egg and ¼ cup Nutella in a large microwave safe mug. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour until smooth and microwave on high for 45 seconds to 1 minute, until set and firm on top. Cool for 1 minute and enjoy!
- Nutella Cupcakes: For regular size cupcakes, bake cake batter for 18-22 minutes. For Mini Nutella Cupcakes, bake in a mini muffin tin for 11-12 minutes.
- Nutella Cookies: Decrease the eggs and increase the flour to make the batter into Nutella cookie dough! Use 2 eggs and 2 ½ cups flour. No need to fluff eggs, just mix everything together, chill until you can form cookies, and bake cookies for 10 minutes.
MORE DELICIOUS CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES:
HOW TO STORE NUTELLA CAKE
- Serve: Nutella Cake is best served the same day it is made and can be kept covered at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- Store: Store Nutella Cake in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator and serve at room temperature.
- Freeze: Cool Nutella Cake completely before storing in a sealed container and freezing for up to 2 months. You can cut and wrap slices individually before freezing. Defrost at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator to serve.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Nutella
- 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8" springform pan with baking spray.
- In a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment add the eggs (with a whisk attachment) on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Microwave Nutella for a few seconds to loosen it up and add in while beating the eggs until fluffy and incorporated, for 1 minute.
- Add in the flour gently with a spatula until just combined.
- Pour batter into springform pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.