Oreo Cheesecake Cookies are EASY, rich and delicious cookies made with butter and cream cheese for the softest centers, just like Oreo cookie filling!
These may never replace the crazy popular Oreo Balls (you may know them as Oreo Truffles) on our site during the holidays, but we look for reasons to use Oreos on the site! With so many Cookie Recipes for your holiday cookie trays you’ll love these cheesecake cookies almost as much as original Oreos!
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies are like our Oreo Chunk Cookies taken to the next level (if that’s even possible!). The addition of cream cheese to the mixture makes the dough so tender they almost taste like a Lofthouse Cookie!
Because you’re adding cream cheese to the mixture you’ll find the dough is a bit softer than usual so we put this dough in the refrigerator to cool it before baking. Scooping it with a cookie scoop also helps because it minimizes the dough being handled with warm hands. Colder dough = more tender cookies.
Preparing your Ingredients:
- Cream Cheese and Butter: Oreo Cheesecake Cookies are super easy to make as long as you let your ingredients soften before working with them. Working with really cold cream cheese and butter will make these cookies full of mini chunks you won’t be able to get rid of and they’ll be less tender.
- Oreos: You don’t need to use a food processor to crush them, you can add them to a ziplock bag and crush the cookies under a heavy pan. You are not looking for fine crumbs or big chunks.
- Dry Ingredients: Sift your dry ingredients. You want to spend as little amount of time as possible adding in the dry ingredients for a tender cookie, sifting will help this.
MORE HOLIDAY COOKIE CLASSICS:
HOW TO MAKE OREO CHEESECAKE COOKIES
- Cream the Wet Ingredients: Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar well. We want to incorporate a lot of air to the mixture.
- Dry Ingredients: Sift your dry ingredients.
- Chill the Dough: Chilling the dough prevents spreading and ensures a tender cookie. It’s important, don’t skip it.
- Prep your Baking Sheet: Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and use a small cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough onto a baking sheet. You can reuse the parchment paper until all cookies are baked.
- Bake: You don’t want the cookies to brown too much, they should be tender in the middle and they won’t spread too far.
VARIATIONS ON OREO CHEESECAKE COOKIES
- Other Oreos: Golden Oreos or Red Velvet Oreos would be fun flavor options for other cheesecake cookies. Red Velvet ones would be great for Valentines Day!
- White Chocolate Chips: Adding white chocolate chips would give these cookies more of a Cookies and Cream flavor.
- Dip them or Drizzle them: Dip the bottoms in melted chocolate or drizzle the tops for a more festive look.
- Chopped Oreos: Roll the cookies in chopped Oreos or larger crumbs for more texture on the outside.
MORE DELICIOUS COOKIE CLASSICS:
Serving and Storing:
- SERVE: Let your cookies cool for 3 -5 minutes on the rack or counter top before serving. Since the cream cheese was mixed into the cookie prior to baking, no need to refrigerate for at least 2 – 3 hours.
- STORE: If you have leftovers (shocking!) or are preparing ahead, use an airtight container with wax or parchment paper between layers to store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- FREEZE: For our super planners out there, cookie dough can be tightly wrapped in saran wrap or preferably in an airtight container and frozen up to 1 month prior to baking. Freeze baked cookies with wax or parchment paper between layers in airtight container up to 3 months.
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- Yield: 24 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies are EASY, rich and delicious cookies made with butter and cream cheese for the softest centers, just like the filling of an Oreo cookie!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 12 Oreo Cookies , crushed (but not to crumbs)
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- In your stand mixer cream together the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add in the salt, flour and Oreos until just combined.
Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Cook for 10-12 minutes.
Yield: 24 servings, Amount per serving: 138 calories, Calories: 138g, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 21mg, Sodium: 83mg, Potassium: 32mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 245g, Calcium: 12g, Iron: 1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.