Pumpkin Bundt Cake is a show-stopping delicious fall dessert. Easy, moist bundt cake recipe with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices. Great for brunch too!
Easy Pumpkin Cake meets Pumpkin Pie for a delicious, moist, and easy show-stopping Cake Recipe. Serve this tasty fall treat for Thanksgiving brunch or dessert!
PUMPKIN BUNDT CAKE
Pumpkin Bundt Cake is an easy, hand mixed cake that is ready for the oven in minutes with pantry ingredients and a can of pumpkin puree. It has all the flavor of a pumpkin pie, with having to wait for the filling to set or to keep it chilled. This moist spiced cake is a go-to fall dessert or brunch coffee cake served with a simple dusting of powdered sugar and a cup of strong coffee.
This easy Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake is full of warm spiced pumpkin flavors. Instead of measuring nutmeg, cinnamon, and other spices separately, you can use 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice. You can also make this Pumpkin Bundt Cake completely from scratch with 15 ounces homemade Pumpkin Puree. Technically 15 ounces is just shy of 2 cups, but extra pumpkin flavor never hurt any fall cake!
If you want to add a little more sweetness to your Pumpkin Bundt Cake, dust with powdered sugar. Wait until the cake has completely cooled so the confectioner’s sugar doesn’t melt, or top it hot so it soaks in and forms a sweet crust. You can also top your cooled cake with frosting like Cream Cheese Frosting, a classic pair with Pumpkin Cake. Try other classic dessert toppings like Chocolate Ganache or Salted Caramel Sauce too!
MORE DELICIOUS PUMPKIN RECIPES:
Tips for Making a Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Be careful not to over-mix your cake batter so that it stays light and tender. To keep from over-mixing, use a whisk instead of a mixer and start with room temperature ingredients.
- Allow the cake pan to cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes if you are inverting the pan to remove the cake. Grease and flour the pan well so it doesn’t stick.
- You can use a springform tube pan that has a removable bottom if you don’t want to worry about your cake sticking to the pan.
- This recipe will make about 24 regular cupcakes. Divide batter between lined muffin cups and bake for 18-22 minutes. For a sheet cake, bake in a 13×9 pan for 35-40 minutes.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON PUMPKIN BUNDT CAKE
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese: Upgrade to another fall favorite, a Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cake. Beat together softened cream cheese, granulated sugar, 1 egg, and vanilla extract to make a cream cheese filling.
- Chocolate: Sift in ¼ cup cocoa powder to the flour mixture to make a chocolate pumpkin cake. You can also fold in ½ cup chocolate chips to the cake batter for melty, chocolatey bursts.
- Streusel: Sprinkle half a streusel mixture made with pecans, brown sugar, and flour in the bottom of the bundt pan. Add half the cake mix, the remaining half of the streusel, then the rest of the cake batter and bake as usual.
- Sweetener: Substitute 1/2-¾ cup granulated sugar with brown sugar for a caramel sweetness in this bundt cake. You can also add 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup, honey, or molasses for extra sweetness and flavor.
- Sour Cream: For an extra rich, moist Pumpkin Bundt Cake, add ½ cup sour cream or buttermilk to the cake. You can also use unsalted butter instead of vegetable oil, or use a mixture of half butter and half oil.
- Healthy: For a healthier Pumpkin Bundt Cake, substitute olive oil for the vegetable oil, whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour, and ½ cup applesauce for 2 of the eggs (or ¾ cup applesauce for all the eggs).
- Pumpkin: You can use other winter squash instead of pumpkin. Try butternut squash, acorn squash, or sweet potatoes for the canned pumpkin puree. Just be sure not to use pumpkin pie filling, it is too sweet and already has spices like cinnamon and nutmeg added.
EVEN MORE DELICIOUS PUMPKIN RECIPES
HOW TO STORE PUMPKIN BUNDT CAKE
- Serve: Cool Pumpkin Cake completely before wrapping tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil so moisture does not collect. This bundt cake can be kept at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- Store: Cover your cooled Pumpkin Bundt Cake with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature or warm slightly to serve.
- Freeze: Once cake is cooled, wrap Pumpkin Bundt Cake with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil tightly. Freeze bundt cake for up to 6 months and thaw overnight in the refrigerator with plastic wrap removed so water doesn’t collect.
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray bundt pan with baking spray.
- Whisk together sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and pumpkin puree in a large bowl.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Pour into bundt pan and bake for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
I’m going to write a monthly newsletter for my apartment complex and always include an easy recipe. Since we all are in the holiday mood I’m going to include this easy pumpkin bundt cake recipe in my next newsletter. I’m also going to make this for my Christmas day dessert. Is it possible to make this recipe gluten free?
So simple to make and very tasty! My pumpkin bundt cake came out light and moist. My family is very pleased with the outcome!
I’m glad you all enjoyed it, Natasha! Thanks for the 5 stars.
I think pumpkin should be eaten all year round. This cake validates this point!
This was amazing!!!! I made the bundt cake version but I may try the cupcakes next just for fun! Haha! Thank you!
It’s good so many ways. Thanks for the 5 stars, Jessica.
Made this today, delicious
So glad you enjoyed it!